creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcoming 2012

I hope you all had a wonderful new years. I love New years because it feels as if you get a fresh start. A new beginning.

 source

Last night Brent and I were able to find a sitter and went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse! (We had a gift certificate)

We both enjoyed conversation over a house salad without any interruptions. It is always nice to get out without the babies from time to time and have time to talk about us and our goals for this year.

IMG_5297[1]IMG_5298[1]

(lighting in Texas Road House is a bit on the dark side..)

Brent of course went the sirloin

IMG_5294[1]

 

and I went with a grilled salmon and baked sweet potato. IMG_5296[1]IMG_5295[1]

We spent the night with some friends playing games (I didn’t even take 1 picture!! Ooops…) After watching the ball drop we got a head start on the new year with a good workout at 1 am at GPP.

IMG_5301[1]

Ringing Sweating in the New Year with 20 of your closest friends is pretty awesome. Our trainer took us through 6 sets  of 12 reps of 12 different movements, including squats, OH press, and Bicep curls and then deadlifts, Skullcrushers and V-ups.

328018_2956531593944_1281117237_3207132_1323842155_o

 

Now.. that is how you bring in the new year.

Some of my resolutions are simple and others are going to require a whole other list of goals to achieve them.

All I know, is with how blessed I am and support I have from my family and friends (near & far) 2012 is going to be a GREAT year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

**2012**

3 comments:

  1. Def an awesome way to bring in the new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to ring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for date nights and spending time with your love, especially to celebrate a new year! That's a cool idea to have a 1AM workout but I don't think I'd make it haha- I took a little nap after dinner before the ball dropped :P

    ReplyDelete