creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, January 16, 2012

Blueberry Shake it.

Happy frigid Monday.

Last night I set my alarm for 6 am with a early run in mind. Then when I actually climbed in bed around midnight I wasn’t to sure about it. But when the alarm went off I jumped out of bed took one look outside.. to find a blizzard.. covered roads, 10 degrees. No thanks. I climbed right back in bed. If one thing trumps my motivation- its snow.. in the dark. I know a lot of people that just run right through it and love it. However for me that is not the case. Frozen snot face is not my style. And sometimes you just need the extra Z’s.

I made it to the gym a little later for a crazy-hard squat circuit.

Phew! Now, I’m really glad I pressed snooze earlier.. my legs probably couldn’t have handled that after a run. I’ll have to get my training run in later today though.

Post-Workout I still loaded up the blender with a recovery shake. Blizzard or no Blizzard.

Blueberry Shake

DSC_0153

In the mix:

  • 1 1/2 C. Almond Milk unsweetened Vanilla
  • 3/4 C. Frozen blueberries
  • 7 ice cubes
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein
  • handful of spinach
  • 1 tbs. Chia seeds

DSC_0154

Spinach + Blueberries makes a pretty grey lookin’ shake. But I like to always throw a bit of spinach in my shake because it’s a sure fire way to get some veggie love in for the day. P.S (You can’t taste the spinach). Just do it.

The vanilla protein I used, was this whey isolate. Its one of my favorites- not chalky, sweet and blends well with anything!

IMG_5467[1]

If you missed the protein Q&A check out round 1 and round 2

Off to knock out Mondays to-do list!

But I think someone wants to go play in the snow.

IMG_5456[1]IMG_5458[1]

1 comment:

  1. Aw, snow is always so beautiful! Enjoy playing in it with the kids and a hot drinks after :D

    ReplyDelete