creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chocolate and PB.

This morning breakfast came by in the form of a chocolate, PB kind of shake.—Shakes have been my breakfast everyday this week because I have been getting my workout done first thing in the morning.

Good thing protein shakes are so versatile.. I don’t think I could ever get sick of them. Ever.

DSC_0152

In the mix.

  • 1 3/4 C. Almond milk
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 tbs. Ghirardelli cocoa powder
  • 2 tbs all natural PB
  • 7-10 ice cubes
  • Handful of spinach (optional)
  • DSC_0153

After the gym I came home and whipped up some GF old fashioned rolled oats

  • 1/3 C. Oats
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 C. water (for thinner oats add more water)

Heat in microwave for 3 minutes stirring each minute to prevent over flowing

Mix in

  • Cinnamon
  • 2 tbs vanilla protein (or you could use 1 tbs of desired sweetener)
  • Sprinkled with chia seeds
  • Topped with frozen blueberries

DSC_0155_thumb

DSC_0156_thumb

And I have been so busy crossing of some to-dos its time for LUNCH!

Q. Do you put spinach in your shakes?

Q. What is your random Oatmeal mix in?

10 comments:

  1. 1/2 c blueberries
    1/2 c oats
    1 TBSP sugar free cheesecake jello pudding mix
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    4 egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    put in the blender
    cook them into pancakes!
    top with Walden Farms carb free, calorie free pancake syrup
    DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheesecake jello mix?! That is GENIUS!! I am going to try it!

      Delete
  2. We are using a chocolate peanut butter protein right now...and it is amazing! I also love to toss in a handfull of spinach. Favorite oatmeal mix in? coconut (unsweetened) or sunflower seeds

    ReplyDelete
  3. candice i love all your posts! all your shakes and meals look delish. i wish i ate as healthy as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, spinach in my shakes. I love egg whites in my oatmeal, and I think I got that idea from your blog. I've also mixed sweet potatoes in my oatmeal before, and I really liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with Protein shakes.. Lately I’ve been doing Chocolate protein, almond milk, frozen strawberries and adding my tbsp of flax oil right in there and I love it! It’s interesting to see that you had your shake pre-workout.. I workout at 6 in the morning, and I’ve been eating my solid breakfast before that around 5-530.. coming home to the protein around 730.. do you find that you perform better or differently when you have the protein first? I think I’m going to try this.. just to experiment anyway.. but if there is a specific reason i would love your input!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a totes random overnight oat/ cereal mix last night that turned out to be awesome! Oats + Kashi Go Lean + PB Puffins + cottage cheese + Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk + cinnamon + Stevia + mixed frozen berries... Tasted like a cold cobbler :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am just curious about these chia seeds! What health benefits do they have? Do you use them every day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chia seeds are a natural source of energy. I also add Hemp seeds. 1 oz equals 11 grams of protein. They are terrific. However, be careful with all the oatmeal. Oatmeal is almost worse than wheat regarding spiking your insulin levels. Try cutting out the oatmeal and focusing on lower glycemic foods eliminating grains, specifically wheat. It will make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete