creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Overnight Oats

I love breakfast.
So much to the point I could have it multiple times a day. Today I woke up hungry and sometimes (okay, always) I don’t have patience to make anything. So I’m glad I made it last night.
Overnight Oats!
DSC_0774
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 C. GF Rolled Oats
  • 1 C. Almond Breeze Vanilla unsweetened Almond milk
  • 2 T. Chia seeds
  • 1/2 scoop Protein_ I used Elite (by Dymatize Nutrition) Vanilla
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • Top with favorite fruit. Or not.
Directions: Mix all ingredients together, cover with saran wrap and place in your fridge overnight!
* Have sweet dreams
Wake up and enjoy! No waiting, no cooking, no chopping.
You could even mix it in a Tupperware and take it to go!
----
Workout:
I  mentioned in my last post that it is “Hellth” week at GPP
source
Let me just tell you..
My hamstrings have never been so sore in all my life. The next 3 WOD are the toughest.. I hope I can walk come Sunday.
I love the challenge that this week brings. Its just hard. And I get a crazy sense of satisfaction from each and every workout.
Through the intense challenge of this week, I have realized a few things.
1.My diet changes. For some reason when I’m sore.. I think more food will aid in recovery.
For Example: Yesterday, I consumed 3 HUGE bowls of Honey Nut Chex in one sitting simply because my hamstrings said so.
source
Today, that box of cereal is gone. I had a little help.. not much. I think Brent was able to consume 1 serving.  (I am a cereal fiend.. I can’t keep it in my house or it disappears.. too fast.) – that and cereal is crazy expensive so I just do my wallet and rear a favor and don’t buy it, except upon special request from Brent… or my hamstrings.
2. I have never been more thankful for my foam roller. I literally sat on it for 45 minutes today.
3. I’ve never been so excited for Sunday to come.. (its my rest day)

I taught pump tonight and after a quick trip to the grocery store came home made some eggs and veggies for dinner.DSC_0778
Looks fantastic right?
5 egg whites, onions, red pepper, mushrooms and spinach. Sprinkled with Mrs. Dash. I
I know it doesn’t look amazing but it taste good and is a great post-workout meal.
DSC_0779
Q. Do you eat more when your sore? Carbs? Sugar?  
Yes, honey nut Chex has been proven to aid in recovery…..
Q. What is your favorite cereal?
Honey nut Chex.. after its been soaking in almond milk for precisely 7 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOOVE CEREAL! It is one of those things that I just CRAVE the snot out of. My all time favorite is Chocolate Chex. You must try it. Its the best cereal I have ever had in my life. That and Peanut butter captain crunch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hunger doesn't usually strike till the following day after a hard workout and then that day I am ravenous! I love the Kashi and Barbara's brand cereals :D Especially Kashi Go Lean and PB Puffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That honey nut chex is addicting! I am the exact same way when I buy that or the cinnamon chex, or I even made the mistake of buying the chocolate chex. I don't buy them anymore either because I can't stop eating it until it's gone. I laughed when you said do your rear and wallet a favor. Ha ha. So, I've never made overnight oats, but I want to try this recipe now. Do you cook them, or not? I eat more when I'm sore or stressed or potty training, which is what I'm going through right now! Not a single one in the pot today. At least I got a workout in. That's my sanity, and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot buy cereal or I will eat the whole box in like two days. It's bad news. And yes, I also found myself feeling like I needed to eat more b/c my muscles were saying so. Great week but I am so excited for rest day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete