Today has been by far the laziest Sunday. Our dinner plans got exed last night when Brent got home and wasn’t feeling good. So I spent the night watching tebow then tiaras. The Miss America Pageant was the highlight of the night.. I wonder how many of them were wearing bump its? Kudos to Miss Wisconsin. She is legit. Although I recommend waterproof mascara from here on out.
This morning, Brent still wasn’t feeling well, so we have been hibernating all day. In fact I am still in my comfies. In fact, now that I think about it.. I have been in my comfies since noon yesterday.. I should get out more?
By dinner time Brents appetite came back and I had a spaghetti squash that I had to use. I didn’t have any tomato sauce for marinara but after digging around in the pantry I discovered a alfredo packet.
Healthy Chicken Alfredo? Its Sunday.. lets add even more cheese and call it a casserole. Cool?
Baked Chicken Fettuccini
- 1 med spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 C. Spinach
- 1/2 of a Yellow onion
- 1 C. mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 C. Low-fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1 packet Simply Organic Alfredo
(I did not have ricotta cheese that it called for so I improvised with the following.)
- 1 1/2 C. Skim milk
- 1/4 C. Low-fat Mozzarella cheese
1. Cut Squash in half, place face down on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
2. While squash is baking cube two chicken breast and cook in skillet with 1T. Olive oil.
3. In another skillet add 1 T. olive oil, onion, pepper and mushrooms till soft then add spinach and cover with lid.
4. Prepare sauce as directed or I just used skim milk and mozzarella cheese.
5 add veggies and chicken to sauce
6. Scrape out Spaghetti squash into large baking pan.
7. Pour Sauce onto squash and mix well.
8. Sprinkle with cheese and top with chopped tomato
9. Bake for 15 min. @ 400 degrees
10. Top with avocado and serve.
It all came together quickly and we all enjoyed it! The babies even got seconds! I loved the extra veggies in there and big chunks of chicken!!
Now, we have plans to go hang out at my parents house for dessert!
But that doesn’t mean I’ll be getting out of my cozies