creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, January 23, 2012

Classic Sunrise Smoothie

Hope your all having a good day so far!

This morning I woke up to a classic sunshine.. before the sun even was up.

DSC_0143

In the mix

  • 1 1/2 C. Almond milk unsweetened vanilla
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein
  • 1/2 packet crystal light classic orange sunrise
  • DSC_0144
  • 1 clementine
  • 10-12 ice cubes
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • Pinch of xanthan gum

DSC_0142

This was the perfect little breakfast right before my workout.

Today at GPP the workout was a tabata! To check out the whole workout go here.

I have to admit these are my favorite types of workouts.

They consists of 8 rounds of 20 second work with a 10 second work the exercises today were

  • Row
  • Jump rope
  • Bicep curls
  • KB swings
  • Box jumps

You are to stick with each exercise until all rounds are done before moving on to the next exercise and you keep score of reps completed. At the end find your total and there is your score!

my total was 1606. Not great but not bad.. I was having issues tripping over the jump rope today..

After running some errands and getting the babes down for naps I made myself some lunch with yesterdays leftover veggies and some chicken in the form of a salad beast.

DSC_0147

DSC_0146

 

Tonight, we are launching Body Attack 75 at one of the gyms I work at.  So excited to get that sweat in my eyeballs… seriously the hardest release so far. But always know that Body Attack is for everyone. There are different levels for everyone to be part of this sweat fest. Now.. with that said.. I have to go practice Launch is in t-minus 1 hour.

Q. Have you done a tabata workout before?

Q. Any Body Attack lovers out there?? What is your favorite body attack movement?

I have a love hate with switch lunges…

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of a "tabata workout" before today but I'm so interested in trying it! Get your sweat on for 4 minutes and see results, heck yeah!

    P.S. The addition of a Crystal Light to a smoothie is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously LOVE me some Tabata. Lurrrrve! I do tabata sprints on the treadmill, incline at 12, speed at least 7.5 or 8.5 miles an hour. I DIE! :)

    ReplyDelete