creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Happy Sunday!! This morning started out with a little of this..
DSC_0797
More on that in a minuto.
Lets back up A little!
Hope you are all having a great weekend! Last night we hit up orange leaf for some fro-yo as a quick mini date with this handsome man!
IMG_5370[1]
It has been way to long since I had fro-yo and I was beginning to go through withdrawls. And it snowed yesterday and was freezing so naturally I wanted something cold and fruity to bring back warm thoughts of summer. Cause that always works right?
IMG_5369[1]
This morning, T woke up way to early for a Sunday and after hanging out on the couch for a little while and sipping on some hot pro-co!—Can’t believe this is the first time I’ve made it this season!!
DSC_0786
Made with a new to me protein! Which I really like and recommend!
IMG_5362[1]
I decided it was time for some breakfast!
Yesterday, while I was grocery shopping I noticed that Chobani has some new flavors!! One that caught my eye..
DSC_0787
Apple-Cinnamon!!
I nabbed it and this morning when I opened the fridge to start making breakfast it just stared at me and I had to incorporate it into this meal somehow.
{Apple Cinnamon Pancakes}
DSC_0796
yields: 12 medium size pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 2 C. Oat flour (I made my own real quick by throwing 2 c. GF rolled oats in food processor)
  • 1/2 C. Coconut flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 (12 ounces) container of Apple-Cinnamon Chobani yogurt
  • 2 C. Almond Milk
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 egg white
**Additional milk if desired.
Directions:
Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl and all dry in another,
DSC_0788










Combine and stir till smooth—**Note: if you notice your batter is to thick then add a Tablespoon of milk until you get it to a slightly thinner consistency. (Mine is a little thicker because I didn’t process my oats into a super fine powder, I like them thick!) Winking smile
DSC_0790

Pour onto hot skillet (350 degrees)
Let cook on each side for about 2 minutes.
Serve with favorite toppings.
DSC_0793
I topped mine with sliced apples and pure maple syrup!
DSC_0799
I love thick and hearty pancakes! These pancakes were just that! They contain plenty of protein and fiber to keep you satisfied and full! You have to make these for breakfast tomorrow! Heck, just make them for dinner!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Big Shout out to GINA @fitnessista.com and the arrival of their sweet baby girl! Welcome to the mommy club Gina!!
Q. What is your favorite recipe using yogurt?
Feel free to link it up in the comments!!

8 comments:

  1. I have been having fro-yo withdraw too :-Z Good thing I bought a coupon online for $15 worth of fro-yo!

    P.S. I saw the new Cho flavors in our grocery store and wanted to buy them but we recently went to Costco so we're stocked... Did you try any before putting it into the pancakes? BTW, pancakes look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, it must have been a pancake day in the neighborhood! I made some too, using Chobani too. I was jealous of your Orange Leaf on IG last night! Yum! Love that place. I haven't been making protein hot chocolate at all this winter. Oh, wait, maybe because it's not wintery around here! Gah. At least it snowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, we bet 0% Apple Cinnamon in pancakes brings the flavor to a new level! Haven't tried it yet, but breakfast for dinner sounds like a great excuse to whip up a batch. Glad ya enjoyed the new flavors! For more recipe inspiration, have you checked out www.chobanikitchen.com?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't I'll check it out!! thanks Lindsay!

      Delete
  4. As usual, your pancake recipe looks dang good. I made some pancakes using greek yogurt a few weeks ago and loved them. (The recipe is on my blog under GF pumpkin greek yogurt pancakes.) I also used greek yogurt to make some pudding last night and it made it so much creamier. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the last post you said something about a foam roller... What is it and whats it used for??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can buy them on amazon for cheap and they help relieve soreness and help with recovery after long runs!! I LOVE mine!

      Delete