creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweaty hot mess + movie review

BEEP,BEEP, BEEEP…… Back it up. I have been a bad blogger this week. So sorry. I have actually been playing around in the kitchen a lot but haven’t quite come up with a blog-worthy recipe. Patience my friends.. because we all know I have already lost it and I have the worlds messiest kitchen.

Yesterday, I took part in one of the funfest workouts of all-time. And by “fun” I mean the most challenging, sweat in the eyeballs, this is going to hurt tomorrow, kind of workouts.

If you need a workout to do today- I got that one in the bag! For full detail of the workout check it out here! Watch out.. those power squat cleans bite!

IMG_5570[1] 

http://gppfitness.com

 

For warn- you may have many curse words flying through your head mid workout, but you will be one HOT mess afterwards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night we continued our celebration of the Chinese new year at a local restaurant- JOY LUCK. They put on an amazing show to kick of the new year, loud drums, dancers and a dragon that made its way through the restaurant.

IMG_5574[1]

We ordered stuffed eggplant with shrimp cakes in a spicy garlic sauce.

IMG_5596[1]

Phew! They weren’t joking around with that sauce! It was SPICY!! Brent loved it! I guess I’m just a bit weak when it comes to spicy foods! It was still good and I enjoyed the meal along with the show. T was a little worried about the dragon.. and B held this face whenever it came by.

IMG_5615[1]

IMG_5616[1]

After dinner I hurried home and jumped in the shower and into some cozies and headed out to a movie with some friends from the neighborhood.

We went to see WAR HORSE

source

To be honest, I have the attention of a 5 year old and due to the heart felt, slow kind of moving movie and to prevent embarrassing myself by falling asleep and drooling on my friends shoulders.. I played words with friends..(we were pretty much the only people in the theater so I didn’t feel half bad about having my phone out.) Overall, it’s a okay movie but I wouldn’t waste your mula on it in theater.

Q. What is your favorite Animal movie?

Milo and Otis. Hands down. I cry every time.

Q. What was your hardest workout this week so far?

SPECTER.. followed closely by the 10 mile run I have scheduled later tonight..