creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Apple-Cinnamon Protein Pancakes..

Wow.. that's a mouth full....of deliciousness.. Anyway before I get to that, I want to talk about last night!
Last night The Mr. and I went on a date with just us. Seriously, we tried to remember the last time just the two of us went out and it was our anniversary LAST year, which is in February. A little overdue? I think so.. So thanks to our friends that came to watch the twins for us while we went out on the town.
We decided to go rock climbing! The Mr. took a rock climbing class in college, but its been awhile so we were both rookies at this point. We went to this place called momentum. It was awesome! The walls are HUGE and they have different levels everywhere. I personally like the easy road.. Big rocks that are easy to grab and spaced close together..
Half way up.. Yes I know, my outfit rocks.
ps. I did make it to the top

Mr. chose a more difficult level. 
Piece of cake. 

Here goes handsome


We decided to go rock climbing! The Mr. took a rock climbing class in college, but its been awhile so we were both rookies at this point. We went to this place called momentum. It was awesome! The walls are HUGE and they have different levels everywhere. I personally like the easy road.. Big rocks that are easy to grab and spaced close together..
This was a really fun date, the only thing is that their really aren't a lot of employees around to help you tie your knots and teach you the "ropes". Luckily, this cool chick helped us out, so we didn't fall to our death.
We had such a fun time! After the climb, we were hangry, so the Mr. and I went to RED MANGO, Seriously, this is not your normal yogurt place.. I know there are so many, but most are laden with sugar, cornstarch etc.. (fake healthy) Red mango is an all natural yogurt, gluten free, kosher, filled with probiotics, fresh and delicious! I always usually get  original which is only 90 cal. for the small, and I add raspberries and Graham cracker crumble on top! They have a dark chocolate right now that the Mr.  got and it was SOOO good.. good thing he got a large so I could steal a few bites ;)
perfection

After such a late night, this morning we woke up craving Pancakes!! I didn't have anymore blueberries, so blueberry pancakes were out..  I browsed the Internet and found a recipe from mama pea. So I asked the mister.. How about apple-cinnamon? 
yes, please.
 Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
makes about 7 pancakes
  • 1/3 c. oat flour
  • 1 T. ground flax seed + 3 T. water
  • 45 g vanilla protein powder (equivalent to 1 1/2 scoops)
  • 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon
  • 1 Tbs of truvia
  • 1/4 c. non-dairy milk (+/- 2T.)
  • 1/4 t. vanilla extract
  • 2 T. chopped apple
  • extra cinnamon
  • maple syrup of your choice for topping
take the ground flax seed and mix it with 3 T. of water and set aside until it has a egg white consistency
pic doesn't really show.. but leave it for about 7-10 minutes.

 Mix Oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, stevia, milk, vanilla and flax “egg” and process until smooth.


Add more milk if necessary to get batter to the desired thickness.
Spray a skillet with pam/canola spray and heat over medium heat.Pour batter onto skillet and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and your sliced apples  




Cook for several minutes, until edges are starting to brown and center of pancake is starting to set.  Flip pancakes and cook on opposite side until cooked through.

remove from heat and top with your favorite topping

Pure maple syrup!


now, the babies are napping I'm going to settle down and try to read more than 1 page..
has anyone read this??
I've made it to chapter 2 and I have had it for a week already!?
No time.. but I'm determined to finish it. 
even if it takes all year. 

Don't forget to comment on my last post about free weights vs. machine wieghts? 
no offense but I know a lot of you read this blog.. after all thats what your doing right now..
but you all blow at commenting.. 
prove me wrong. 
loves xoxo



3 comments:

  1. I haven't read that Jodi Picoult book, but I loved "Nineteen Minutes." All of her books are great reads, really. I need to start trying some of these recipes. I'm new to this protein stuff, but hopefully will see the benefits of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors! I also LOVE Nineteen Minutes (and Perfect Match - written before Nineteen Minutes, but with one of the same characters. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have anything that works well with stretch marks? did you have any problems with that with having twins?pancakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete