creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, December 28, 2012

Silver Dollar Protein Pancakes

It’s been snowing hard here the past few days and I can’t keep this kid out of it..

IMG_1146[1]IMG_1147[1]

I need to get some snow clothes for him stat.

We had brinner today. (Breakfast for dinner). AND actually breakfast AND dinner!! My kids LOVE pancakes and it seemed to hit the spot after a snowy day.

IMG_1134[1]

Ingredients:

    1/2 C Rolled Oats
    1/2 cup hot water A few drops of liquid stevia (optional)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/4 C egg whites
    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

    A few drops of liquid stevia (optional)

 

Directions:

In a microwaveable bowl combine rolled oats and hot water.

Cook in microwave for about a minute and a half (1:30)

Pour oatmeal into blender along with the remaining ingredients.

Blend until well combined

Pour onto hot skillet let each side cook for about a minute before flipping.IMG_1153[1]

The kids loved them!

IMG_1137[1]

The dogs begged for them!

And I pretty much inhaled them. Pancakes that you can fit in your mouth in one bite seem to go in a hurry.Winking smile

My throat is still hurting me today, but my voice is somewhat coming back!

There were a few shakes consumed today, Although it was freezing, it’s the only thing that felt good on my throat.

IMG_1141[1]

Is it just me or is water the last thing you want when you have a sore throat? I don’t know why, but I can’t stand water right now..and that is SO not me.

Workout:

I only did the GPP workout today, and taught a Boot camp class- which I don’t participate just have to coach and watch the sweat drip from their faces.Winking smile

My upper body is wrecked from yesterdays pull-ups.. even the WOD today made me feel like a beginner…I really had to dig deep and pull out some of my favorite exercise mantras in my head to get through it. I enjoyed just hanging out at home the rest of the day, cleaning and all that jazz. Nothing to exciting over here for a Friday night! But it is exactly what I needed after a crazy week.

TGIF!

Question of the Day:

What do you put on top your pancakes?

My grandpa used to put PB and I thought he was so weird for doing that.. Now, I do it…Winking smile