creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Exercise Mantras

 

Last night these two little visitors have come to play for a couple of days!

IMG_1118[1]

My sister in-law is out of town and we are watching them while they are gone.

Twins and THREE dogs.. No problem right?…….

It snowed ALL day and night today and the drive to the gym this morning was quite the experience.. I actually don’t mind driving in the snow, I just stress about other drivers that are complete snowtards.

WORKOUT

The workout at GPP was fun!

eopu

Source

I did most of the pull-ups as butterfly pull-ups- They are mentally harder for me then kips for some reason. But I’m starting to get the hang of them!

Check out my sister Heather!!

She was rocking her pull ups on the rings today!

563961_570509189632458_468594949_n

Source

EXERCISE MANTRAS

Call me corny, but I love exercise mantras, whenever I’m feeling unmotivated, angry, or sad I try to think of my favorite mantras or inspirational quotes to change my state of mind. They really do change my attitude and give me a little extra boost!

Here are a few of my favorites!

  • Do it for those who can’t
  • You vs. YOU.

IMG_0955[1]

  • You never regret a good workout.
  • If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’re going to keep looking how you’ve been looking.
  • Every day you decide to workout, you make a decision to benefit your health.
  • An hour a day keeps obesity away.
  • Drop it like its squat!
  • What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!

At the GPP, they have quotes written on the walls to keep you going! A few of them are:

  • You can do anything for a minute!
  • Embrace the Suck
  • Rise above

Pinterest is FULL of inspirational quotes, exercise, religion, attitude, etc. You should follow me Winking smile

mantra3

mantra5

 

mantra1

mantra2

Healthy Eating Mantras

cleaneat

Source

  • The food you eat today is the body you wear tomorrow.
  • Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
  • An hour a day keeps obesity away.
  • You are what you eat.
  • Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
  • Yes, I’m trying to eat healthy, no, I’m not on a diet.

 

Running

run

  • A bad run is the one that didn’t happen.
  • You can’t judge a run by the first mile.
  • For marathon runners: Run the first 10 miles with your head, run the second 10 miles with your legs, and the last 6 miles with your heart.

run2

  • If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, but you’ll be hard to beat.
  • Run now or Regret later.

Question of the Day:

What is your most used mantra?