creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Detox!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I will spare you 5 different family Christmas Party Re-cap post and just tell you- We ate food, laughed, opened gifts. It was fabulous.

Now that Christmas is over, I woke up this morning with a Christmas Hang over.

BREAKFAST

I decided to start the day with a protein shake before going to the gym.

IMG_1098[1]

In the mix:

  • 8 oz water
  • 1/2 C. frozen berries
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Protein
  • 1 teaspoon of ground flax seed
  • Ice.

WORKOUT

I took a rest day yesterday, I was hoping to get a run in but I have lost my voice and my throat is killing me! I figured running outside wouldn’t be the brightest idea in 20 degrees.

I made up for it today..

What is a better way to burn some holiday treats then with some Burpees!

burpo

Source

I am actually a crazy person and really LOVE this workout!

I did 20 the last round, took a minute break then did 11 more rounds. I was dripping by the end and felt SO much better!

IMG_1101[1]

I felt like a holiday SLUG when I woke up this morning and had no intention of doing anything extra today but once I got moving those endorphins kicked in and I caught a second wind! Phew!

I know not everyone loves burpees as much as me so I made up a quick circuit workout for you to do It goes by fast and will make you sweat!

minuteworkout

Okay… 2 minutes of burpees.. but you can do 1 minute of anything. Winking smile

We were going to go to the Jazz game tonight but the snow on the roads and still falling is intimidating us.Sad smileI’m not a fan of the snow today (or ever..)

DINNER

I had a healthy/light dinner of some Tilapia and brocolli

IMG_1104[1]

Procrastinating the fact I will have to settle down to tackle some laundry..

IMG_1105[1]

eek.

Questions of the Day:

Do you love burpees or loathe them?

Name your most hated chore.

Describe your perfect weather.

I feel like I should learn more about all of you tonight Winking smile