creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dog people and Date night

All day today, I was sure it was Friday…

I woke up early to hit up GPP but I pushed snooze 7 times. Yep. SEVEN. Needless to say, I didn’t make it on time. Even though I was short on time, I was able to do one round of the workout and 25 minutes of cardio split between the treadmill and the spin bike. I thought about running outside but it was 18 degrees. No, thanks.

Usually after a workout I feel more energized and ready to tackle the day, but not today. I wanted to crawl back in bed as soon as I got home. After a quick shower and breakfast I felt better. Maybe it was just working out on a fasted stomach? I haven’t done that in awhile so I’m assuming that was it? Or maybe these early mornings are just going to take some getting used to…

I headed to Starbucks this morning for a little pick-me up.

IMG_0944[1]IMG_0942[1]

Drinks and cake pops all around!

I did however make it to lunch today with my friends.

IMG_0954[1]

We went to Blue Lemon at City Creek Mall in SLC. It was my first time there and I really liked it! I’m usually super picky about going out to eat but I was impressed by the healthy options and the presentation.

IMG_0945[1]

I just got the spinach and pear salad and added chicken to it. The balsamic dressing was thick and creamy, I really enjoyed it. If you are local you should check it out.

Janetha even surprised me with a fashletics necklace! I have been a fan of fashletics ever since she did a post and giveaway for one! I was so excited when I opened it!

IMG_0955[1]

It is a little shoe with a charm that says You vs. You.

How awesome is that?!

When Brent got off work he wanted to go to the gym with me, like we did last week. Date night at the gym? I’m in. – But I still didn’t feel much like working out, we did a quick back and biceps workout with some abs mixed in. It was fun to spend time with Brent in the gym. I am LOVING that he is done with school!

Our date night workout consisted of

3 sets of 15

  • Pull ups
  • Lat pull downs
  • Rows
  • Hammer Curls
  • 21’s (biceps)
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Planks
  • Reverse Crunches

By the end I was pretty sweaty, but I felt like I was just going through the movements, not really focused.

Not every workout is going to be fantastic and I’m okay with that. I just needed a break today I guess!

Your body is smart, it knows when it needs a break, its just the matter of actually listening to it!

Big News!

We adopted a DOG!

Jukes is a 5 year old brown haired Chihuahua.

We got him two days ago, but I wanted to make sure he fit into our family before announcing it to you all. He is a tiny little guy and has been such a good little dog. The babies love him and I simply adore him. He reminds me a lot of our first dog, sadie- that past away before the babies were born. His personality fits right in!

Meet JUKES!

IMG_0932[1]

We are officially smitten.

Dog people once again!

But I’m having a problem… He LOVES his treats, but won’t touch his food! I bought his original food that he is used to but he sniffs it and looks at me like I’m a dork and walks away.

Any ideas?

Question of the day:

What do you do when you have no drive to get your workout done?

I take a break if I can. Your body needs it and I probably just realized that this year. Life changing- really!