creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Footloose Diva

Last night, Brent and I decided to be a little rebellious and stay up past 10.

We watched a movie and I did not fall asleep. (I always fall asleep.)

I finally watched Footloose.

215px-Footloose2011Poster 

I may have been the only person on earth who hasn’t seen this classic dancing movie before. Even Brent has seen it before.

{Shocker}

I grew up dancing until just a few years ago, and since then the closest I get to shaking my groove thing, is body jam and a random zumba class which are rare, and far between.

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the show and it made me want to dance again. When it was just for fun. Specifically, country line dancing!  I used to go every week when I was a senior in high school and loved it!The characters in the show really reflect their love for dancing and the joy that it brings to them through every movement.I am one to agree that dancing makes life fun.  

We didn’t get in bed until after 1. ---rebels.

I woke up this morning, had a quick bowl of pumpkin oats to power me through the morning workout and headed straight to the gym to teach Body Pump!

IMG_0590[1]

Afterwards, I wanted to do the GPP workout, when I got upstairs there was someone on the rower… (there is only one) I jumped on the treadmill to run while I waited for the rower- hoping she would be done soon.

THREE miles later, she finally wrapped up her workout and I was able to use the rower.

IMG_0594[1]

I could of easily replaced the row with a run but I didn’t exactly want to run today. Looks like I got a little of both! I finish the workout just after 17 minutes. The box jumps were higher then the normal 15 inch box at GPP so I felt like the 40 box jumps took me forever. It took me just a little longer then 16 minutes to finish. I wrapped up running 2 more easy miles outside (yay!) with a friend just to catch up on life.

I have a fun and much needed girls night planned for the night!

Question of the day:

When is the last time you just danced for fun?

What was your workout today?

***new news: I have updated my comment section, to make it more functional and easier to use!

Fill in the blank and follow up comments to your email! Yay!!!!! Comment away.Winking smile