creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Week in Tangents

Hey guys! I totally fell out of the blogosphere the past few days. But it has been a good week and I’m going to throw it all out in a few tangents.
#1 Sweet Potato Waffles.
DSC_0135
These are good, the sweet potato makes them a perfect amount of sweetness. I found the recipe from Courtney! I followed it almost exactly, I used coconut milk and added a bit of liquid stevia.




Sweet Potato Waffles
Makes 5-6 waffles
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup egg whites
  • 4 oz. sweet potato
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • dash of sea salt
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened Coconut milk 
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 4-5 drops of liquid stevia
I threw all ingredients in the blender
DSC_0127
I forgot to spray my waffle iron the first round. #Fail. Nothing is worse then trying to clean a waffle iron!
DSC_0134
Perfection was reached.
DSC_0136


#2 90 minutes of Body Pump in 97 degrees!

Thursday was the 2nd anniversary of skills fitness. We had a big celebration out in the parking lot! All the classes were outside and it was crazy hot. We all had a great time!
IMG_7955[1]IMG_7954[1]




#3 I did my first truck pull
IMG_7964[1]IMG_7962[1]
My friend Ashlan and I got called out to pull the truck. I haven’t ever attempted a truck pull and was intimidated at first but it wasn’t as tough as I thought it would be.




#4 NEW Protein.
DSC_0133
I have had a problem with protein supplement lately. It’s the whey I’m guessing. I have been using a whey isolate that had zytrix in it that is supposed to aid with digestion but am still having problems. I love protein shakes, especially in the summer! They are my go-to meal, snack, post workout etc. when I’m to busy to actually make an actual meal. I didn’t want to have to take protein shakes out of my everyday diet. I just couldn’t… I only have 1 or 2 a day, but it’s a staple.  I have decided to switch over to a plant protein and egg protein. We ordered plant fusion (chocolate) and Elite egg (Vanilla). So far I have just had the plant fusion and I like it! I had it this morning and no stomach problems this far!


#5 Busters

Busters are like Burpees evil brother. Burpee + Thruster!
Want to know how to do a buster?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRlFNWgXic&feature=youtu.be
Brent and I both did this workout on Friday and it kicked our booties.




#6 Blogger meet up!
This afternoon we headed out to liberty park in SLC.  Janetha set up a Utah blogger get together! We all brought a dish to share. I brought a chicken salad. --> to be shared later gator. It was SO fun to actually meet the blogger behind the blog and their dog or significant other or family.
IMG_7978[1]IMG_7977[1]
Pictures via I phone.. boo. I brought my camera but when I turned it on the infamous “battery depleted” popped up.. Good thing I had a few other “friends” who had theirs! Winking smile
If you need to check out a new blog or 30- here is a list of the bloggers that were there!
(If I missed someone, shoot me a quick e-mail and I'll add you! candice@bodyofamother.com

I wish I could of chatted with all of them but I was under cupcake guard.
IMG_7982[1]
Someone loves cupcakes or frosting.. can’t blame her, it’s the best part!
Funny thing is, she totally went for the broccoli to wash down all that frosting.
IMG_7981[1]
We need to have these little get togethers more often! Seriously, I was there for two hours and didn’t get to meet or talk with everyone. Bloggers are pretty cool.
Off to spend the rest of the Saturday with my little fam!


Questions of the day?


Q. Have you ever done a truck pull or a buster? Cause you should. Winking smile
Q. Do you have a blogger you follow and would love to meet?

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved meeting you today! You were so fun to talk to! You pulled a truck..holy cow woman, you are strong! I will be making your waffles. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you pulled a truck! That is hard core Candice! Awesome! It was great to be able to chat with you and officially meet you at the blogger potluck yesterday! And those twins of yours....oh my goodness! Adorable! I hope your quad gets better soon and you can get back to pounding the pavement like you love! Hope to see you soon at GPP or Skills! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! Pretty intense with the truck pull! Those waffles look and sound amazing... nice meeting you and your husband at the potluck. Hope to see you again sometime.

    ReplyDelete