creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Brinner

Today was one of those days that flew by!

I woke up pretty early.. My alarm went off at 5:20 and I was at GPP by 5:45. We did this workout today. I had to modify the run to a row due to my quad. I had a massage last night from my friend Stacy again. It was amazing in a “this hurts so bad, it better heal me, I’d rather go to the dentist” kind of way. This morning it was pretty sore in a good way. Stacy is very thorough. She knows exactly how and what to do to help heal my injury. She focused on my right quad for 45 minutes! Pushing, rubbing, pressing and seriously using her body weight trying to get a large knot to release. She was very attentive and knowledgeable in what she does. Tonight it is actually feeling good. I’m going back tomorrow for a little more before the race on Saturday!

This morning I decided I’m going to focus more on eating on plates since it is something I haven’t been very good at lately. I came home from the workout and made breakfast and put it a plate!

DSC_0243

Nothing special, just eggs, green beans, and spinach, topped with some cherry tomatoes and half of a grapefruit.

We  spent the afternoon at the pool with some friends. It was my first time taking the twins by myself. They did good considering but like to go there own directions Winking smile.  I didn’t have one extra hand to take a picture, but they actually got in the pool and splashed around! (T & B haven’t been exactly water babies..)

The twins both crashed on the way home from the pool, which left me to make a lunch, put it on a plate and actually sit down to eat it. All of it.  As a mom, that is a rare occasion.

DSC_0244

I made some mahi mahi in a skillet with some olive oil, lemon juice and garlic with Mrs. Dash  lemon pepper seasoning. Roasted green beans served on the side, along with half a nectarine and half frozen banana that was snacked on while the fish and beans were cooking.

DSC_0245 

Mahi Mahi isn’t a fish I have to often but it was on sale so decided it was a good pick.

When it was time for dinner, I had committed earlier in the day to make a breakfast for a friend that is allergic to dairy, gluten and some nuts.

Brinner it was! Breakfast at dinner = brinner! 

I decided to make my own version of  eggo waffles. So I could freeze them and she could just pop them in the toaster! I use coconut flour in most of my baking and love it. It is kind of a tricky flour to use. It thickens quickly with just a small amount, so you don’t have to use a ton of it.

I found this recipe and adapted it to fit the needs of my friend.

Coconut Waffles

DSC_0252

Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free
Makes 8 waffles

DSC_0247

  • 6 whole eggs
  • 1 1/2 C. Egg Whites
  • 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted (or bacon grease)
  • 2 small, well-ripened bananas
  • 2/3 cup Plain Coconut Milk (I used silk
  • 4 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tsp. Agave nectar
  • 2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/2  tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup coconut flour

Heat up waffle iron and just throw all ingredients into your blender and blend on medium/high until well combined.

DSC_0246

That’s a lot of eggs. Just how I like it.

Pour into waffle iron until cooked.

These are Paleo friendly, gluten, dairy, nut free. Low carb, high protein, filling but light and fluffy just like the good stuff.

DSC_0248

Top with favorite toppings. Our toppings of choice?

DSC_0249

Raspberries & Plain greek yogurt with agave syrup.

 

DSC_0251

Now it’s time to sign off for the night! I’m still working on that whole “sleep 8 hrs. a night” thing. I’d like to just refer my insomnia lately as Ragnar training.

 

Question of the day!

Are you ever sore after a massage the next day?

Do you have a favorite Gluten-free, nut-free, dairy free recipes? Feel free to link it up in the comments!

Something to think about-

“I am not my body.”

This really hits home to me. Sort of put my two cents in the comment section of the article.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! Glad the massage hurt so good. Actually sitting down and eating- what a concept ;).

    ReplyDelete