creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, June 1, 2012

June Challenges

 

Can you even believe its JUNE! Summer is going by faster then I want it to already!!

This morning started off with this workout! I even ran into this chick! Today is her birthday so head over and drop her note. Happy Birthday J!

I was going to go for a little run after the workout but ran out of time and figured I could use a little fuel before hand. I headed home for a recovery protein shake served as Breakfast

IMG_7450[1]

In the mix

  • 3 strawberries
  • 1/2 banana
  • handful of spinach
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein
  • water/ice

That run never happened this morning because we spent the rest of the morning at the zoo!

With the rest of Utah. It was the last day of school around here and it seems many celebrated at the zoo. Then when I got home I realized it was the opening day of their new exhibit “the rocky shores”. (Now, that explains all the news cameras/radio stations there.) The new exhibit was packed but we were able to get a front row by the seals. The polar bears were a loss.. we couldn’t get close enough. I want to go back soon because I love polar bears and once the exhibit hype goes down we can go hang out with them.

IMG_7463[1]IMG_7462[1]

Grandma Joy (FIL new-ish wife) came with us to see the seals and on the train! 

IMG_7470[1]IMG_7464[1]

T LOVED the Choo-Choo train! Bee wasn’t to sure about it but once we got going she didn’t want to get off!

We had a great afternoon at the zoo! They both loved seeing all the animals! Especially the monkeys and the elephant. Bee however favored the kitty.

IMG_7454[1]IMG_7453[1]

IMG_7455[1]IMG_7456[1]

The twinners were out in about 2 minutes on the way home. Which lead into a 4 hour nap. I used the time to fold a mountain of laundry.. ugh. And make a delicious lunch! YUM!

IMG_7467[1]

I am a huge fan of this tilapia! I seared it in a skillet with some olive oil and Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper!

It served as my protein source on top of all those veggies!!

IMG_7468[1]

Friday nights are full of fun around here.

We went for a run… I know, party animals. At least I didn’t have to do my hair. Winking smile

Brent works late on Friday nights, but when he was on his way home he text me and asked if I wanted to go for a run.

Did he really need me to answer that?

Of course I will!!---> I may turn him into a running addict too. Maybe.

We did a quick 3 ish miles. I didn’t wear my garmin or carry my phone. We pushed the babies and just enjoyed a relaxed run with conversation. Nothing like catching up with each other on our day during a run.

JUNE CHALLENGES

FATMUMSLIM-June2012

Ill give it a go. I always start off pretty good but fizzle off around day 4. Ha! Maybe, this month I will complete each day! If you have instagram you can follow me @cbement.

Also, I’m joining in on Runners World Challenge.

A running streak!!

You can check out all the details by clicking on the link. All you have to do is run at LEAST a mile each day from Memorial Day to Independence Day.

Anyone else in on either of these challenges?

I also have some other personal goals/challenges lined up for myself this month but this post is already getting a bit lengthy so I’m peacing out and will fill you in later.

Hope your having a great weekend!

Question of the day

Do you ever run with your spouse/significant other?

Do you prefer morning runner or summer nights?

4 comments:

  1. What a great day at the zoo! Our friday nights are just as hopping. J and i walk together but dont run together. He runs faster, shorter distances and i go longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for jumping on me Friday morning :) ZOO! FUN! Marshall hates the zoo so next time you go, let me know haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I run with my spouse about 2 or 3 times a week. I would prefer running in the morning but we only get time at nights. Still fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the great tip. Your kids are adorable. My husband doesn't run. I think I like it that way too only because we don't have to juggle our run schedule. We take several family walks a week. It's crazy hot where I live, so I have to run in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete