creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Happenings

Last night, we ended up going to Brave! Men in Black was actually our first choice but the first theater we went to did not accept credit cards. Since they only play one movie at a time there we headed to a new theater that opened down the street and Brave was starting right when we got there in 3D. Score!

My family offered to watch the twins for us so Brent and I could go see the movie together, just the two of us! I was pretty excited because I can’t even remember the last time we had gone to a movie together!! I have only been to two movies since the babies were born! Kids sure put a damper on the whole dating/ one on one time if you don’t make time for it. We have decided to make date nights more of a priority from now on. We had a blast together and both really enjoyed Brave. The meaning of the movie was simply to not take your loved ones for granted or they might turn into a bear forever. Maybe.

IMG_7878[1]

This morning we went to a church service, then came home for brunch. After a quick family photo op.

CSC_0042

I made waffles again, these have become a staple in my diet lately. I love how light and fluffy they are. They also are low-carb, and high protein. This recipe makes quite a few waffles, so I throw the remaining waffles into the freezer so they are easily accessible for a quick and easy breakfast or snack throughout the remaining of the week by just tossing them in toaster!

I topped it my waffles with some strawberry jam and sliced strawberries.

DSC_0038 

DSC_0037

After my dad took us to the Wyoming fish hatchery! It was cool to learn about how they breed different kinds of fish and raise them before selling them and releasing them into the wild.

DSC_0068DSC_0067

DSC_0061DSC_0054

We were able to see the fish in all stages of their life. They keep them in these blue troths until they grow a bit more to be transferred into outdoor tanks.

DSC_0052DSC_0066

They separate the fish according to their growth and as they reach different stages they move them to bigger pools to allow more space for them to grow. 

DSC_0055DSC_0051

It was pretty interesting to see so many fish in one place.

After the fish hatchery, we headed home for Sunday dinner- Roast, potatoes and asparagus! Then I finally got to blow out some candles toothpicks for my birthday! (fresh out of candles. oops!)

We had two different kinds of pies- Turtle and Key Lime!

DSC_0073

We played horseshoes and spent some more time out on the swings enjoying the beautiful weather and a little family time. Even Tikka is loving all the free range time she gets outside and play time with our other family dogs. (We are kennel training her at home.) I can’t get her to slow down!

IMG_7829[1]

We drove by the “airport.” To show T some planes because he is obsessed with planes, jeeps, trains and helicopters. This airport is more like a neighborhood for people to land their personal planes and park them in their hangers. We saw a deer just hanging out on somebody's  porch!

DSC_0069

Can you spot him? He even had some antlers starting to grow!

T loved the planes!

DSC_0086DSC_0083

Now it is time for s’mores and were going to cook some fish my dad caught from the river last night and light some fireworks! Have a great Sunday night!

4 comments:

  1. I hope everyone appreciates how you were able to do 2 posts while in Star Valley with no internet connection. It was mixture of luck and magic I think. And too bad I ate all of the strawberry pie you made or it probably would have made a showing on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boy is such a man's man! Love those kids.

    ReplyDelete