creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, June 23, 2012

How I spent my Birthday

Hey y’all! I am up in Star Valley, Wyoming spending time with my family for the weekend!

Yesterday was my birthday! I turned the ripe old age of 26. My day started out with a workout with my husband at GPP! We did a workout called Leg Shredder. It is a benchmark workout, and every time it comes through I plan on not walking normal the next day. This workout is a bit sneaky, it doesn’t seem to bad while your doing it but the next day it sets in. I’m feeling those calf raises for sure today!

I spent the rest of the day cleaning/packing to head to the ranch for a quick get away with my family. We have a cabin that I consider my “happy place”. I grew up here at the ranch and have great memories with my cousins here. The zip line, carpet slide, hiking, swimming, late night games, spoon, and uno!

There is just something about walking out on the porch first thing in the morning to this amazing view!

IMG_7809[1]

I love to have my babies up here, in hopes that it can be their “happy place” too.

So far, I think they are loving it!

IMG_7847[1]

IMG_7841[1]IMG_7822[1]

We pulled in late last night so we weren’t able to have the normal cake and candle, singing birthday dealio so I claimed today as a “Birthday Do-Over.”

This morning my sister Heather and I went for a bike ride, I was excited to ride to break in my new clips/shoes with my bike. I have been a little hesitate to clip-in ever since my first experience, which was an epic fail. I have been comfortable in my cages to long. It was time to actually get serious about this whole bike thing. We rode along the LOTAJA trail with a lovely head wind at the turn around. The ride went well and I’m happy to report there was no crashing/unclipping accidents! I felt comfortable with the clips and excited to get some more long distance rides with them!

Someone wants to be like mommy…

IMG_7865[1]

When we got back I did the quick GPP workout a bit modified with what I had on hand. Which was a jump rope, a 35 pound DB and a stump/log.. (yep, I used firewood)

It looked a little like this.

  • 35 OH Press
  • 300 jump rope
  • 50 sit ups
  • 35 Pushups
  • 300 Jump rope
  • 15 Bicep Curls right
  • 15 Bicep Curls left
  • 100 DB swings
  • 300 Jump ropes mixed with so double under practice.

I did the whole thing once.

After the workout and the boys got done with the yard work we headed to lunch!

My dads uncle runs a drive-in restaurant in Afton, it is one of our favorite local joints to eat at.

The RED BARON!

IMG_7873[1] 

I ordered a Chicken Filet salad. The salad was pretty simple with just olives and tomato but the  chicken on the salad was grilled chicken breast and it was hot and I could tell it was actually real chicken and not that fake, “make me gag” chicken that’s on some fast-food salads.

IMG_7866[1]

After lunch we drove the half marathon course that I have coming up in a few weeks! It was absolutely beautiful, and I can’t wait to run through these mountains. My quad better heal ASAP….

Tonight, we are going to a movie! It’s a toss up between Brave and Men and Black 3. The guys are really shooting for Brave…:Winking smile

 

Then it will be time for some birthday pie and fireworks!

IMG_7871[1]IMG_7869[1]

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your birthday weekend!!! Happy Happy birthday! The salad does look good!

    ReplyDelete