creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Wow. Lets just say I’m happy Halloween is only once a year! I love getting my babes dressed up and seeing their excitement and curiosity of it all all but the whole rush of it was a little crazy. I was really hoping to just take the kids around the neighborhood and pass out candy but ended up traveling house to house to house.. to house.. to house to see family. Next year, we are  staying put. The good news.. the babes slept till 8:30 this morning.

We started out the day at GPP in full costume! Who doesn’t enjoy working out next to big bird, lions and cowboys.

IMG_4808

Its always fun to see what others come up with. Me however, finds a costume last minute.. every year.. Next year, I already have my costume planned! Winking smile

Traveling all around last night kept us from taking the babies trick-or-treating but one thing was for certain, every house we went to had two things CANDY and CHILI!

IMG_4836

I think Chili is mandatory on Halloween.. kind of like a turkey is on thanksgiving. I had a little bit at my grandmas (fishing through the beans) She had HUGE chunks of beef and tomatoes in their so it wasn’t to tough.

I even snagged her recipe if you are interested!

{Grandmas Chili}

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 cup chopped white onion
  • 1 Green Pepper Chopped
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1-2 tablespoon chili powder (Depending how spicy you like it)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. Cumin
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans undrained
  • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican style tomatoes undrained
  • 3 tomatoes diced
  • any desired cheese and crackers to top it off!

Directions

Cook mean on stove top till browned/cooked thoroughly

Throw all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours

serve hotWinking smile

Grandpa even made his famous homemade donuts!

IMG_4827

Now, I can’t share that recipe.. its top secret. Winking smile

Even though we didn’t take the twinners trick or treating they didn’t seem to mind. They had a great time entertaining everyone all night!

IMG_4816IMG_4817

IMG_4844IMG_4837

They were a little sleepy by this point.. Overall it was a good Halloween!

We even had a little visit from yeti! –(by far the best costume ever)

Hope you all had a great HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm- I'm always up for chili! And those donuts look ridiculous good (and I'm not a donut gal ;)). I'm exhausted too! I was sick Sunday and Monday and peanut was SICK today (I had to pick her up from daycare). She seems better now

    ReplyDelete
  2. those doughnuts look so good! i hope you rewarded yourself with one after GPP ;)

    ReplyDelete