creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Coconut-crusted Tilapia

Yesterday, it snowed practically all day! If you read the blog regularly, you know I’m not a fan of the white stuff. Well, mainly the cold that is associated with it. My cold feet and fingers are now a constant reminder.

There was a Utah football game yesterday as well and we usually go.. but I will admit I am a “fair-weathered” fan. As in.. I love my Utes but I will cheer them on from the comfort of my own couch in my cozy home when there is a stinkin blizzard outside.

Plus, we had all the football fixings'

Pizza, DSC_0572

chips, hummus, and salsa!

DSC_0573

So although, I’m the biggest wuss when it comes to the fluffy, cold white stuff..

I do like this white stuff.

 

DSC_0575

Like A LOT.

Coconut makes any girl happy.. kind of like chocolate… or almond butter..

DSC_0578

It should just snow coconut in the winter. How cool would that be!!? We could make coconut snowmen, and coconut angels and I wouldn’t even mind a coconut ball to the face at times. You could even have an endless supply of coconut to make coconut crusted tilapia every single day. --->Wow.. if you ever wonder what Brent and I talk about on a daily basis.. there you go.. mostly every conversation begins with a What if? Try it.. its kind of fun. And while your figuring that out make this.

{Coconut-crusted Tilapia}

 

DSC_0588

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tilapia Filets
  • 2 Egg whites
  • Shredded unsweetened coconut (I used bob mills)

DSC_0576

  • Almonds (almond flour)

DSC_0579

  • Mrs. Dash

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 425

Throw almonds in your food processor and ground into flour (unless you just have almond meal)

Combine almond flour and coconut  in a medium bowl

DSC_0580

Roll filets in egg whites

Roll filets in almond flour and coconut mixture till completely covered

 

DSC_0581

Lay on wire rack, cover filets with remaining crust

 

DSC_0584

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned

 

DSC_0585

Let cool for 5 minutes

Fish should be white and flakey

DSC_0590

And matched alongside with a veggie and starch for a full rounded nutritious meal! If you have kids.. just call them fish sticks, and if they don’t like fish? chicken fingers.. (I won’t tell). Tilapia is not a very fishy fish to me so even your worst fish hater may like it.

DSC_0586

DSC_0587

This may be my new favorite way to eat tilapia, or anything for that matter.. What if I rolled all my food in coconut and almonds? Like bananas.. then THEN dip them in chocolate!?

-now I’m thinkin.

Q. What if it really did snow coconut?

I would shovel my driveway in my swimsuit and lay out while reading and sipping out of my coconut cup. –>that’s the life..

Q. What is your favorite football food?

1 comment:

  1. Mmm coconut! I would be totally ok with coconut snow too!! Im not a fish girl, ive even tried to like tilapia, but id be all about a chicken version. I love football and chili

    ReplyDelete