creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, November 4, 2011

Blackened Halibut

Sometimes I think I should just live in Alaska.

DSC_0524

The beautiful green scenery, close to the ocean, fresh seafood, GREAT fishing, wildlife in your backyard… sounds pretty amazing..

Then I remember one thing… Its effing freezing there.. it snows more often then not.. SO I just like to have family go and catch the fish and bring it home to me. –> Although, I would still LOVE to go visit one day! (Thanks, Chris!)

 

Source

My love for fish or any seafood for that matter is never ending! Fish is a great source of protein and includes omega-3 fatty acids, contains several important minerals and is great for cardiovascular health!

The fish of the day today is Halibut! Its one of my favorites because it doesn’t really have a “fishy” taste to it. Its very light and cooks quickly!

Blackened Halibut

DSC_0523

 

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. Halibut filet
  • 1 Tbs Olive oil
  • Paprika (to taste)
  • Mrs. Dash- original/lemon pepper (to taste)

Directions

Heat up skillet on med-high heat

Pour a little bit of the olive oil on the skillet and place the halibut on top skin down.

Using a brush, cover the rest of the halibut with the remaining olive oil

Get spice happy and sprinkle your heart out..

Cook each side for about 3 minutes

DSC_0522

Fish should be white and flakey when done!

It’s that easy!

DSC_0525

Serve with any veggie and startch for a complete meal.

I went with roasted broccoli and cauliflower, in the perfect world I wouldn’t of eaten my last sweet potato on Wednesday.. and would have had that as well.

DSC_0526

SOOOO good!

Q. What is your favorite fish?

1 comment:

  1. The only halibut I've ever had is as fish & chips & that's not the healthiest, even though I LOVE it. But then, I LOVE LOVE LOVE some good salmon. Oh, and when I was up in Seattle 2 yrs (?) ago, I got some fresh fish (can't remember what kind it is) from the Pike Place Fish Market and it was DIVINE!!!

    ReplyDelete