creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep!

For thanksgiving I was put in charge of a few things.

  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Biscuits
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Stuffing

I have never made my own stuffing or cranberry sauce before so I did what anyone would and turned to pinterest, other blogs, and Google search.

After spending way to many hours drooling over so many delicious looking recipes I jotted down my favorites I got to work!

Cranberry Sauce

DSC_0060

Ingredients:

  • 4 C. Cranberries
  • 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbs smart balance butter
  • 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans
  • 6 tbs. orange juice

Mix all ingredients in large sauce pan

Cover with lid and bring to boil over med-high

Until cranberries pop, usually takes about 3-4 minutes

Uncover and keep on med- low

Allow to thicken 6-8  minutes

DSC_0063

Cool and serve!

This made my house smell just like Christmas. Yes, Christmas.

Pumpkin Pie

DSC_0058

This was the easiest pumpkin pie I have ever made!! It literally takes 2 minutes! I discovered this little diddy from Meghan who found it from someone else.. & I couldn’t find that blog again..Sad smile

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup of Pumpkin puree
  • 1 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 pkg. Butterscotch sugar-free pudding mix
  • 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 graham cracker crust (or you can make your own)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl

Transfer into pie crust

Spread evenly

Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving

DSC_0059

Simple!!

This pie also packs a protein punch! Low-cal and Low-fat! Can’t go wrong with that!

Cranberry whole wheat buttermilk biscuits

 

DSC_0057

I found the recipe here.

DSC_0053

 

I used a heart shape cookie cutter and they turned out fabulous!!

DSC_0055

They were also quite simple and quick to make!

ANNNNNND the Stuffing.. I’m in the process of making right now!! I must say finding a recipe for stuffing was tough. In fact I spent so much time searching for one that I actually had all the ingredients on hand that I gave up and am going to just go for it! Hope it turns out!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving meals!!

P.S Ironman in Arizona, Tempe--- WAS AMAZING!! I’m still processing the experience and I have to admit that there are NO words that can explain the feeling of being at an Ironman. I was so inspired by each and every athlete! I will post about it soon!

P.P.S. My internet has been lagging lately hence the lack of post! My deepest apologies. But ya got two today. And it’s a holiday. Word.

2 comments:

  1. You never disappoint with your recipes. I am totally going to make that pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete