creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, November 14, 2011

Recipe Roundup

Happy Monday! Tonight I feel like its been awhile since I have posted a recipe roundup! I feel that sometimes that my recipes get lost in the blog abyss to never be seen again. Although, you can find the list of all my recipes in the recipe tab up top. So here are a few of my favs that deserve a second appearance!
Banana Pancake Casserole


Coconut-Quick Pancakes

Pumpkin Waffles
DSC_0690

Apple-Butter Granola

Stuffed Chicken

Pistachio Protein Ice cream


There are a few of my favs!! Hopefully you give one or two.. or all a try! Let me know how you like it!
Today the babes are 16 months old! Where oh where has the time gone?!
..One month old..
Seriously.. I miss this stage.. but not enough to do it again quite yet!
Here is a random question.. How long do you wait before getting pregnant again? Hold on.. let me rephrase.. If you had twins.. when would you get pregnant again? I do want more children but I can’t decide when to try again! Wait till they're potty-trained, to just start all over with diapers? Or keep them close to other siblings and just get the whole “baby years” over?
Decisions.. decisions…
What would you do?

7 comments:

  1. If I had twins... NEVER ;) LOL! My kids are almost to the day three years apart. My plan was to have my oldest potty trained before my baby was born so that I was only changing ONE kids diapers at a time. Your already changing two, your a pro! I think in hindsight if I had to do it all over again I maybe would have had them just a little bit closer together but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t have kids- so my opinion is based on what I think I would do.. I would want to just get the whole baby and diaper thing done asap.. plus I think it would be nice for all of them to be close in age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh this question. Been on our minds! I feel like I don't want to get fully out of diapers and then start back into them....just not sure. What a great recipe roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love all your recipes. We must have similar taste in food or something because every time you post a recipe I immediately want to run to the store and get all the ingredients if I don't have them. Those all looked so good, but the one that caught my eye the most this time was the pistachio ice-cream because I just bought a Costco sized bag of pistachios.

    And on the pregnancy question, I wouldn't know how to answer since I have no idea what twins are like. I thought I wanted my kids 2 years apart, but then I learned that it depends on your kid's personality. Some kids are mellow and some kids are quite crazy. :) My little boy was quite crazy. So cute and fun, but pretty high maintenance. I think 3 years apart would have been perfect, but we ended up not getting to choose the distance. (Still waiting) The only experience that I can offer is that it's WAY harder to do the pregnancy waiting game when you're already super baby hungry, and I wish I would have planned for it to take longer rather than thinking it would be our first or second try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so this may sound like an odd question, but speaking of the body. Did you have a vaginal birth or a cesarean birth? I ask because typically speaking if you want to try for a VBAC (vaginal after C/S) then waiting 18 months to get prego is ideal (this is what I do for a living, LOL. I work with expectant mommies!) That being said, several of my clients that had twins choose to wait 18-24 months because they wanted to group everything. (And after two babies, one would be simple, right?) I personally had my first 2, just over 2 years apart, and I loved it. That being said, I am planning on a 3-4 year gap between this baby and my next since I personally feel I want a break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @littlemisspretty
    littlemisspretty- So glad you stopped by! Thanks for the information! I did have a cesarean, and I'm undecided if I would want to go for VBAC next. that something to think about;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do what is best for you. If you feel you can handle your load and a new baby, go for it. If you know you can't, then wait. My first two are 3.5 years apart. It was a good distance for me, the downside is that they are so far apart in age they are into totally different things. They do play with each other a little bit now that they are 7 & almost 4. My next one, if there is a next one will be at least 5 years apart. My sister and I are that distance. We didn't get along as kids, but do now that we are adults. So really, there isn't a right or wrong answer, just do what is best for you!

    ReplyDelete