creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pizza is a vegetable

The U.S congress has officially gone nuts.

I think I will give them a high five.. to the face.. with a freaking chair.

Have you read this?

Are they actually serious?

Does this mean I can smear 2 tbs of tomato paste on a bar of chocolate and call it a vegetable? Or how about my garlic bread?

Oh and I guess spaghetti can now be called a vegetable?!

Or do you think they are they labeling pizza as a vegetable only to allow it as a school lunch?

source

Either way.. America is laughing.

I’m sorry lawmakers.. if it didn’t come from the ground its NOT a vegetable.. in any processed way or form.

I’m going to go have myself a piece of vegetable tonight!

Actually.. I’m off to witness this.

source

And I can’t wait!

Q. What food are you going to now label a vegetable with your additional 2 tbs of tomato paste?

Q. What are your thoughts about this decision?

Q. Would you ever do an ironman?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it (well, really, I guess I can)! This move to help childhood obesity rates to lower is about to fail. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost laughed out loud when I heard that pizza would be considered a vegetable! Maybe if it had a ton of veggies on top, then sure, but that doesn't sound like what they mean... As a teacher, I hear my students talk about all of their favorite foods aka foods with little to no nutritional value- why can't they start healthifying "junk" foods like pizza and show them that it can taste good?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I'm not surprised at all by our government. That's not all they have lied about. Our food pyramid is screwed up too. Fat doesn't cause cholesterol and heart problems either. Carbs do...but that's a whole other issue I won't get into here. We've been fed a whole bunch of lies and it's disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A fellow twin mom blogger! :) Um.. not sure about this whole pizza decision. I don't think I'm okay with it either. (Although I do love pizza.) :) Have fun at the Ironman!!!!

    ReplyDelete