creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hallows Eve!

We have some catching up to do before I share a little of this..
DSC_0493

Yesterday, we went to a pumpkin patch! This has been on my to-do list all month and I’m so glad we were able to find the time to go as a family! This was actually my first time to a pumpkin patch EVER!! My family always just picked up our pumpkins at the local grocery store in the past.. Let me just say, the pumpkin patch is SO much better!
DSC_0413
They even have some of my favorite squashes available!
DSC_0464

DSC_0465

It was fun to see the HUGE pumpkins and crazy gourds and get lost in the corn maze!
The twinners loved it to!
DSC_0417
we ventured around and picked out our pumpkins
DSC_0429DSC_0434
DSC_0424DSC_0452
DSC_0469

After the pumpkin patch we went to the UTAH football game!

DSC_0481
We weren’t able to get any lunch before luckily I had a protein shake and apple stashed in my purse and Brent picked up a chicken sandwich.
It was the black out game! Which means everyone in the stadium wears black, including the team!
DSC_0483
It was a perfect fall day for football and a fun date for Brent and I. AND…..WE WON!
I had a late night with little T (I think his laterals/molars are erupting) So from 1:45-3 we hung out watching cartoons and stacking blocks. I don’t know where he gets the energy that late..err.. early in the morning? but I was pretty much laying on the floor and when I would close my eyes he would get reeeeeeally close and screech in my face.
how kind.
When I finally woke up… at 10 am. I whipped up some pumpkin protein pancakes.
PUMPKIN PROTEIN PANCAKES
DSC_0491
Ingredients
  • 1.5 scoops of vanilla protein
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 C. almond milk
  • 2 TBSP of oat flour (or any kind of whole grain flour-I  make my own with gluten free oats)
  • 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin
  • 1 TBSP of agave nectar/stevia
Directions
Blend all ingredients together
heat up skillet to medium heat
let cook for about 2 minutes before flipping
top with your favorite toppings!

DSC_0492
Today has been quite the lazy Sunday which in the first time in MONTHS we haven’t had any commitments or had to go anywhere! So we enjoyed it by staying in our pajamas till uh… all day. We did venture out of the house for a fun little family walk/run up city creek canyon! (A first for me to!)
We hiked up the trail 1.2 miles and ran back down with the babes!
IMG_4784IMG_4783

IMG_4789IMG_4791
I was loving that trail! We enjoyed the fall leaves and couldn’t help but notice most of them have fallen which means.. snow soon…Sad smile
It was a good ending to a lazy Sunday! I’m so excited for Halloween tomorrow and take the babes trick or treating in their costumes!
Q. Where do you usually pick up your pumpkins?
Q. Favorite lazy day Sunday activity?
Mine is usually playing games inside but the weather was beautiful outside today and we have to take advantage of this Utah fall weather before the snow falls!

3 comments:

  1. The patch is soo much fun-wego every year. You got some awesome pictures. Penn state does white out days-like your black out days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I get my pumpkins at the grocery store. I've never been to a pumpkin patch. :( My favorite lazy Sunday activity is going for a run or bike ride, but a bike ride is now out of the question seeing that there is going to be snow. :( But, I do like to go for a ride in the car too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up our pumpkins from a local grocer, it's just hubs and I, so I didn't know if he'd want to make a big day event of the pumpkin patch. I'm a big kid at heart, but he's a manly soldier. Haha :) I totally love your recipe for pumpkin protein pancakes. They're well-noted!

    ReplyDelete