creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tabata Burner

 

This morning I grabbed a quick pre-workout breakfast and shot out the door.

IMG_2545[1]

I taught a few classes before tackling this tabata workout!

A tabata is 8 rounds of 20 seconds of “work” followed by 10 sec. of rest. We performed 5 different exercises, BTB (bottom to bottom) squats, deadlifts, box jumps, kb swings and hill climbers (R+L=1).

IMG_2544[1]

Those hill climbers were ROUGH!! By the 5th round my reps per round got lower and lower… For the squats we were instructed to “rest” at the bottom of the squat! My legs were on fire, especially after the ballet blast class last night! My hips,booty and calves were pretty sore this morning!

 

IMG_2543[1]

Sore calves make those box jumps super fantastic!

butts

That’s RIGHT!

My shins were feeling pretty good today through the workout so I went for a run. I started off pretty slow and sped up every mile and a half. Once I hit 5 I walked at an incline to cool down.

IMG_2517[1]

I’m happy to report.. NO PAIN! YAY!!!

LUNCH:

Lunch today came quick!

Spaghetti is Tanners absolute favorite food. He had 3 more plates after this.. with a side of ring pop. Winking smile

IMG_2548[1]

Before heading out to teach a few night classes I snagged an apple on my way out the door.

IMG_2549[1]

My stomach started hurting… while I was teaching. I don’t know what it is about apples that cause the issue. ugh. I still love them though! This little baby gala was sweet and crispy!

Dinner:

Dinner was simple tonight-(like every night really..)

Tilapia and green beans for the win.

IMG_2550[1]

Quickly followed by a serving, plus some of some Vanilla Bean Ice cream! Who really eats 1/2 cup of ice cream? That’s like saying you also eat 1/2 cup of cereal. Winking smile

IMG_2551[1]

Well, deserved after a long day!

IMG_2552[1]

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

On busy nights, what is your go to meal?