creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Leprechan Name

In case your wondering, tomorrow I  will be going by the name.

Warty McTavern

600380_10152062510707788_1694676781_n

So funny!!

Yesterday was a busy day and I ended up going to bed as soon as my kids went down. I was just exhausted and had a early morning GPP date with my sister.

The workout today was a long one and we ended up getting a little side tracked towards the end.Winking smile

IMG_2450[1]

I headed home and had a quick breakfast of some pro-oats before heading to teach a pump class.

IMG_2455[1]

In the bowl:

  • 3/4 C. Rolled Oats
  • 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 egg white
  • Cinnamon
  • Strawberries
  • Liquid Stevia

When I make these oats I just cook the oats and eggs with some water in the microwave then add all the mix-ins! Easy!

Afterwards, I invited my sister and sister-in-laws to join us at the ZOO! We got a zoo pass last summer and I couldn’t wait to take the kids again. They absolutely LOVE it!

IMG_2479[1]

The seals was their favorite part and it really is mine too!

IMG_2478[1]

It really is a cool exhibit! You can see the seals swimming under water and they come right up to the glass! The trainer came out and was feeding the sea lion a snack and the kids couldn’t keep their eyes off him.

IMG_2461[1]

We tried to get a picture with all the cousins together…

Didn’t quite work out according to plan..

IMG_2473[1]

Oh well!

Overall, the zoo day was great with a few minor melt downs (naptime….) and next time I won’t leave my keys in the ignition of my car and let the battery die. Sad smile 

YEP… I guess I was a little excited to get the kids out and in their strollers to grab my keys and lock my doors.

YOLO.

Luckily, the zoo security saved us.

Lesson learned.

IMG_2481[1]

When we got home from the zoo, the kids passed out in the car and I sat down and practically inhaled this salad!

IMG_2475[1]

IMG_2477[1]

I packed in green beans, peppers, butternut squash, avocado, a little ground turkey (leftovers), chicken (left overs), and some tuna on a bed of spinach.

I have a feeling this summer I will be consuming a lot of mountainous salads.

SOOO GOOD!

What is your favorite animal at the zoo?

Anyone run/race today? I’m still recovering from shin splints and need someone to say they ran for me.

MANDATORY: What is your leprechaun name?

 

PS. I want to shout out to my friend Melissa for running the DC marathon today with only a 6 week prep and she PR’d  by over 30 minutes!! AWESOME!

nice job chica.