creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vanilla-Chia Oats + a Trip

 

Workout:  GPP, Body Pump, TM Tabatas 20 minutes

Breakfast this morning was a bowl of vanilla chia oats along with a half a grapefruit.

IMG_5923[1]

VANILLA-CHIA OATS

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 C. GF Rolled Oats
  • 1 C. Water (more or less depending on desired consistency)
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs. Vanilla Protein Powder (Elite whey Isolate)
  • 1 tbs. Chia seeds

Directions:

Heat Oats and water in Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid oat explosion.

Add Cinnamon, extract, protein powder and chia seeds- stir until well combined.

IMG_5925[1]

Sorry to disappear on you all this fabulous holiday weekend. We took a little family getaway to St. George. We expected to enjoy a fun family vaca trip but really what we got was, little sleep, tantrums and rain.. We also had some tennis games, lots of family time, hot tubbing, and of course baby chasing fun. I was able to get a nice long run in with a good friend and it was heaven. Running is pure therapy for mommas. Seriously..

Here are a few pics from the w-end!

IMG_5895[1]

IMG_5898[1]

We stayed with my BIL, friends, parents house. It was beautiful and I couldn’t get enough of that view! I could stand by that window all day!

IMG_5893[1]

This little boy almost ate 3 huge pancakes ALL by himself.. Of course they had chocolate chips in them and he also dipped them in ketchup. Yes, ketchup. ??

IMG_5922[1]

Lots of little Blurs to chase around kept us on our toes all weekend. They had a great time.

IMG_5908[1]

On the way home it was –1 degree!

IMG_5921[1]

When we got home I put them down for a nap and they slept for FIVE hours. FIVE! That has got to be some kind of record. Oh, the magical powers of their own cribs. They love being home and so does mommy and daddy.

Honestly, I wasn’t the best photographer this trip. I regret not taking more pictures. If I didn’t have a kid in my hand, I was probably running after them. But this stage they are in right now is so much fun.

I’m excited to get back to normalcy and the babies are loving being back on their schedule to.

I have a new recipe for you all tomorrow, that I’m SO excited to share!

Good Night!!

1 comment:

  1. Working out in general truly is therapy! Glad youre home safe! 5 hours! My goodness!!

    ReplyDelete