creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lemon Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

 

Workout: GPP, Body Attack, Body Pump, Zumba.

Today has been amazing! I love the days you sleep in, (on accident) because you accidently set your alarm for 5pm.. and then from 9 am on its go-go-go.

GPP workout was one of my favorites! And it is one you can do from home! No equipment needed! Check it out! Also, there are now a “home-style” type of workout with each WOD, so you can follow along with us where ever you are!

Wednesdays are typically my “long day”. I train, and teach back to back so its physically exhausting but I love it. Then there is always that “rest day” to look forward to!

There was a break in the middle of the day to enjoy this tasty meal.

Lemon Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

DSC_0861

Ingredients:

  • 4- 4-6 ounce chicken breast
  • 1 ounce of Goat Cheese
  • 4 Grape tomatoes- Diced
  • 2-3 leaves of fresh basil- Diced
  • 1 lemon
  • Mrs. Dash (Caribbean Citrus)

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350

Combine Goat cheese, tomatoes, and basil

DSC_0845

Cut a pocket into the chicken with a pair of chicken scissors or a knife.

DSC_0846

Stuff about 2 tbs of Goat cheese mixture into each chicken breast. Use toothpicks to keep chicken closed.

DSC_0850

With a grater Zest the lemon (by grating the skin of the lemon) over the chicken.

DSC_0853

Cut Lemon and squeeze half of the lemon juice over the chicken

DSC_0855

Sprinkle with some Mrs. Dash

DSC_0856

Bake for 35 minutes until cooked thoroughly

Let cool and ENJOY!!

This meal even got spouse approval. That’s five stars in my book. He said it was the most amazing chicken ever. I married an honest man.

You need to make this. You will LOVE it!! The goat cheese is amazing, and with a hint of  lemon it just melts in your mouth.

ENJOY!

Q- Do you Zumba?

This booty does not get to shake it very much, today was by chance because the Zumba teacher didn’t show so I pretended I was Latin and can handle that business.

Q- How many “rest days” do you take?

one. Sunday is typically my rest day, but I have days that I take it easier then others. You have to find balance in all training and I DO think rest days are vital to training.

Q- Chicken, Beef or Pork?

Chicken Baby!!