creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chicken Stir-fry

I had a friend message me via my mobile device asking for a chicken stir-fry recipe. I actually sent her this one to try. When it came time for me to make dinner tonight I couldn’t the stir fry off my brain. I switched things up.. a lot.. Okay, I don’t even think I looked at the recipe when I went to make it and came up with my own fry. More like an impromptu stir-fry. I opened my fridge and went to work with what I had on hand.

Chicken Stir-fry

                  DSC_0806

Ingredients

  • 8 oz. chicken(I already had grilled chicken already in my fridge)
  • 2 celery stalks chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper chopped
  • 3 tbs Bragg Liquid aminos
  • 2 tbs Olive oil
  • 2 C. Green Beans
  • 1/2 Yellow onion chopped
  • Mrs. Dash (Original)

Directions

  1. Chop all your veggies and sauté in oil and Liquid aminos till soft
  2. Sprinkle on Mrs. Dash
  3. Add chicken
  4. Stir well
  5. Serve on top of rice.

DSC_0807

Check out this little find at Costco..

DSC_0803

BAM.

My rice cooker will now collect dust.. Because I kind of, sort of like this rice better.. Its like sticky rice that is ready to eat in 90 seconds.

I’m a huge fan of Braggs amino acids

DSC_0808

It is a Vegetable protein made from soy beans, it contains 16 amino acids and is gluten free. It contains less sodium then other leading soy sauce’s. It worked well with tonight’s meal. I found it just at my local grocery store in the organic section.

I’m still feeling sick today, last night I had a fever and today it is just my throat, ears and head.

I’m the person who refuses to be sick and not listen to my body till it screams at me.

I know, I know.. I should practice what I preach.. but my job doesn’t allow much time for sickness. Part of being a fitness instructor is when you walk into the room you leave all your problems at the door. Even if I had a crummy day, and even if I was not feeling 100% I put on my best face and by the end of class I always feel better.

sick

Source

However.. last night that was not the case.. I made it through both classes and I came home and crashed on the couch and did not move until jimmy Kimball started screaming from the television. I took some IBU and slept till about 8:30 this morning. My husband was so helpful to take care of the twinners while I have been down for the count.

Today, I did do this workout. NO jumping or running involved so I figured I could make it through it.  Marathon training has taken a backseat this week.. I may still do a lifting workout while I am sick but I don’t run. I can’t breath, so if I  throw cardio in there then my head might explode. Although.. when Saturday gets here, I might have to push back my “long run” until I feel better.

While I was upstairs changing this is what I came down to.. (note: I was probably upstairs for 3 minutes..)

IMG_5771[1]

IMG_5773[1]

IMG_5772[1]

Guilty as charged! I couldn’t help but laugh.. I decided just to have a fun playtime and I snagged the cookie cutters (plastic), shovels and we just played in the “sand.” Can’t beat them join them right?

Do you workout when your sick??

FLU- NO

FEVER w/ body aches= NO

Symptoms just Neck up = light weights, light cardio—dust off the elliptical..

 

4 comments:

  1. Sooo with you. I think theres a chance i have strep....but i taught attack last night..hope you feel better. Stir fry is always my go to

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you made that little disaster into a playtime instead of freaking out! I will remember that next time my little trouble maker does something like that. You have your hands full, but your twins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're kiddies are so cute! And hmmm, liquid aminos, super interested. Thanks for sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, too cute! Since we got a puppy, I have realized I am a complete pushover and bet that trend will last when we have kids... Adorably charming looks are killer :P

    P.S. I've never tried liquid smoke- do you just add it straight to the dish?!

    ReplyDelete