creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Week One

I want to do a quick weekly review of my 12 week plan that Porter developed over at Total Health and Wellness. This is a bit overdue but hey, better late then never right?

THF

I went over the plan here. So, I am just going to go over the nutrition, the workouts and the progress that I have made.

The Nutrition:

The first week, my calories and carbs were upped. I ate just slightly over 2,000 calories each day, spread between 8 meals per day. First meal is at 8:30am and the last at 9:00pm.

I eat every 2-3 hours- NO sugar, no tropical fruits.

Some meals were larger then others but my macros were about 40 carb/30 protein/20 fat at the end of the day.

*I weigh/measure each and every meal.

IMG_9656[1]

*I have a LOT more dishes to do.

*I need to purchase more measuring cups….

*When I prepare food, I try to prepare extra for the next meal/days…

*Not all the meals are super pretty, and they are commonly eaten out of tupper ware. ---Fancy right?!

IMG_9649[1]

*I can eat a whole bag of Costco broccoli in a week, or less.

*I really miss frozen bananas with almond butter..

Dessert each night is a protein shake just made with water. Not exactly a dessert… but I can take it for 12 weeks!

newgirl

(Any New Girl fans out there?)

I am never hungry, and it is completely do-able. I have to pack meals sometimes if I know I won’t make it home in time. I have not cheated once yet! So, I guess you can say- So far, so good!

The Workouts:

Throughout the week I completed-

The GPP workouts every day. 70%-100% effort.

gpp

+4 lifting days- slow, controlled lifting. It is two different workouts formulated by THF.

IMG_9657[1]

Taught 2 body pump classes, 1 body attack class, and shook it in 1 body jam at skills fitness.

DSC_1074

IMG_9547[1]

 

The Progress:

I have my measurement record at GPP and Porter takes my weight and body fat percentage each week and figures out my lean mass and fat mass.

I started at 22.9% body fat and by the end of week one I was at 19.9% and down about 2.5 lbs.

I do love the consistency of the this plan and I do feel better overall, but still have been having stomach cramps and bloating issues every so often, mainly if I apples or grapes? I wonder if high fibrous fruits have something to do with them?

I am going to start working on going to bed a little earlier.. (as I post this at 11:30 PM..) and be better about my supps. I’m good at remembering my meals when I am out on the go but forget some supps some times, and drink MORE water. I’m not to bad on this but could be better!

water

Week 2 is almost over… so here it goes!

Question of the Day:

How much water do you drink per day?

Need more?

5 comments:

  1. So proud of your hard work! Cannot wait to see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and met with Porter because I was so inspired by your first post and WOW it was soooo very very very expensive. I believe my chin hit his desk. It sounds like an awesome program but its $720 for 12 weeks. If it fits within anyone's budget thats awesome. I wish you the best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very cautious about paying him in full. It wouldn't be the first time that he takes your money and bails on his obligations. Ask him about how he feels about screwing a widow out of 50k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for your mula loss. I don't pry into that whole side of things. I did pay Porter in full, and he has been respectful, kind, informational,trusting and worth every dollar.

      Delete
  4. Wow, if that above comment is true. That's a whole lotta mulah!

    ReplyDelete