creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oatmeal Pumpkin Wave.

 

I woke up and got my tabata on this morning! I decided I really LOVE working out early in the morning. It gets me up and moving and I feel a little more productive throughout the day.

I’m still following my THF plan but decided this morning to try something a little different but with the same ingredients. I first attempted to turn my bowl of oatmeal into pancakes, and that failed so secondly I blended all the ingredients together in a ramekin and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Voila!

 

pump

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 C. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 C. Water
  • 1/2 C. Pumpkin
  • 3 Egg Whites
  • 1 Whole egg
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
  • 2-3 drops liquid stevia

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together on high in blender until batter forms

Add 1/4 tsp. of Xanthan gum (thickening agent)

Blend on low for an additional 30-45 seconds

Pour into ramekin or microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave on high for 2 minutes.

IMG_9842[1]

IMG_9843[1]

It turned out pretty dense but had the texture and flavor of pumpkin pie! I would of topped it with a little raw honey and bananas if I could of. This was pretty bomb.com.

When lunch rolled around I whipped out the good old George Forman to “George” some chicken

Grilled chicken> “Georged” chicken

I prefer actual grilled chicken off the BBQ, but the snow storm today forced me to option #2.

 

IMG_9857[1]

I lost the grease/water catcher so I had to put it on the edge of my sink…

Now I have chicken prepared for the rest of the week!

IMG_9860[1]

The George actually cooked my chicken in about 10 minutes and I zapped my sweet potato in the microwave in 5 – Mashed and sprinkled it with cinnamon and had about a cup of broccoli on the side.

IMG_9858[1]

I can’t get enough sweet potatoes lately, but zapping them in the microwave is not the #1 way to go.

IMG_9859[1]

Sprinkling cinnamon on them though definitely is.

I had a cup of the largest raspberries to wrap up my lunch!

IMG_9861[1]

You can never go wrong with driscoll’s!

Now, all of you people in warmer parts of the country can you take a minute and note, how “lucky” you are right now…

 

IMG_9852[1]

Check out the size of those snowflakes!!

 

Question of the Day:

 Do you usually grill, crockpot, or bake chicken?

Love snow, miss snow, hate snow?

6 comments:

  1. i love snow but not until actual snowboarding season :( i love you all seasons, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow? YIKES. I am a summer baby all the way...if I never saw snow again, I would not be sad ;). That pumpkiny cake sounds awesome. A must try. I usually bake or grill chicken

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually grill my chicken but don't have a George foreman so in the winter I broil it often. I frickin HATE winter. Mostly because I can't afford to ski so there's not much to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was planning to make baked oats this morning but ended up with pancakes instead [opposite of you]- but they were delic so I wasn't disappointed :P I can't believe y'all have snow already! I love skiing and the way everything looks so perfect when there's a fresh coat of snow on the ground buttt I hate not being able to drive anywhere, win-lose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Candace. For your egg whites do you pull the yolk out of real eggs or buy eggbeaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryln! I use normal eggs by cracking them then tossing the yolk back and forth until all the white is out. Egg beaters would work as well!

      Delete