creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Heavy Lifting?


Happy Tuesday!! Glad you guys are liking the Hawaii re-cap post! In case you missed the them, 

Here is Day 1 and day 2

Breakfast was a quick egg scramble with a side of a grapefruit and some blueberries! 

Egg Scramble had 4 egg whites, broccoli, onion and spinach. 

After getting some things done around the house I headed out to get my workout done at GPP, I love strength days. There is something about being able to put your mind into the muscle and just focus on the one muscle your working to change. By lifting as heavy as you can and taking a break between sets. You get a little more chat time with friends as well ;)

Recently I received an email asking why I lift heavy weights? and why am I not afraid that I will bulk up. 

My answer? 

Lifting heavy does not mean you will turn into a hulk! That is a complete myth. 
What you will get is definition, lean & tone muscle! No, your arms wont get bigger & no you won't gain weight. Strength training actually assist you to burn calories not only in the weight room but as you go through your entire day! 

So don't be afraid to get hang out with the boys in the weight room. Try to lift heavier then them..haha! 

Today post-workout the green smoothie RETURNS! Oh, how I missed them! Hawaii doesn't have a lot of spinach unless you cut off your arm and leg for it. Okay, food in general is just expensive on the islands.

oh how I missed you..

This green smoothie was very refreshing after my workout! And no, protein smoothies will never get old;)
In this mix, 
  • 1 scoop of chocolate protein
  • 1 c. Almond milk unsweetened milk
  • Frozen banana
  • handful of spinach
  • 6-7 ice cubes


***Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to do a segment on a local news station!! I am very excited for it. It will air about 8:50am on Fox 13 for all my local readers. This will be my first appearance on live TV. Wish me luck!! 

Off to boot camp!

Q. Are you a Cardio Queen or a Power lifter? Maybe both?


5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely both! I love lifting heavy but I also cannot be without running, body step and body attack! So fabulous. That monster looks absolutely perfect. AH! If you get a link to your segment you must post it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a lifter and a cardio queen! im all about balance! good luck tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Tuesdays at GPP. I love the heavy lifting! I'm not good at cardio, but I do it anyway. sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a cardio queen but I'm trying to work in those weights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey cand its stef!! Great job on 13 this morning!! It was awesome chatting with ya yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete