creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, July 8, 2011

baby love.

Last night I was up pretty late working on my to-do list and when my alarm went off at 5am I didn't even hear it! The second alarm went off at 5:30 and I groaned. Just not ready to get up yet, I think I require at least 7 hours to function.. but with everything I want/need to do today I had to get up to get my workout in! (I can sleep on the plane right?) I got to GPP for the 5:45am class, I love getting the workouts in nice and early, especially on run days because the sun isn't blazing and the weather is PERFECT! THIS is the workout we did along with a 1 mile run. I changed the run for a 5 miler. I don't want to jinx myself but my foot felt okay from my last run so I went for it! My garmin battery was low :( Usually, I'm all about keeping track of my pace while running. I like to challenge myself to be faster each mile... But today I just enjoyed it. I took it easy and I enjoyed each and every step. I think my hamstrings enjoyed that favor.. ;) The key to running... just keep one foot in front of the other till you cross the finish line.. I got home with just enough time to shower quick and make my shake to get out the door for work!

1.5 C. Almond Milk
4 frozen strawberries
handful of blueberries 
5-6 ice cubes
1 scoop of vanilla elite protein
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 handful of spinach


I grabbed 5 boiled eggs to snack on while I was at work.. and I was smrt and mixed my boiled eggs with my raw eggs and so I couldn't tell which was which.. but Brent taught me a trick..

SPIN the egg! 
Boiled eggs spin Fast and Raw spin slow!
who knew?

I snagged the boiled ones and sped to work. Leaving Brent with this smiling face.
Cheeeese!

After work I got home and went to visit my friend at the hospital who just had a baby girl!! She is a doll! Literally, I held her and couldn't believe how perfect she was! All 4lbs and 6oz of her! 
I love each and every one of these girls! Congrats Lauren! She is so precious!


Lunch today was pretty much a repeat of last nights dinner!

Off to finish some last minute things before we leave!
ALOHA!

Q. Do you compete with yourself on your runs? Garmin nazi?