creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chocolate-Cinnamon Almond Butter

Getting back into routine...I have some new recipes to share in between my Hawaii posts.. For those of you who are here for the actual "food blogger" me and not the "vacation blogger" in me... Ps. Do not expect midnight post every night.. I'm still running on Hawaii time and since its like 7 pm there now I'm hungry for dinner and not tired at all.. So, in my weak attempt to get back on Utah time, here is a midnight post for all you almond butter lovers.

I have a love for almonds...

An obsession really. Raw, roasted, ground almond butter. I'll take it.
In a bowl, on a spoon, how about just my finger?


Lately my local grocery store has been a little short in the almond department. The grinder is "out of order" frequently, so I would have to travel farther to find a grinder..



So I just started making my own! Its quick and simple.

Chocolate-Cinnamon Almond Butter

  • 2 Cups Raw Almonds
  • 3 Tbs Agave Nectar
  • 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
  • 1 Tbs Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 C. Dark Chocolate chips
  • optional: Sea salt to taste


Toast your almonds in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes turning them once during the process

Till they are a little brown (not too brown.. you don't want to burn them.)

sidenote: Toasted almonds make a perfect snack too!

Throw cinnamon, coconut oil, agave and almonds in blender

Don't forget the chocolate!!!

Blend together in your blender or food processor till smooth or desired consistency is achieved



I love mine a little more on the crunchy then smooth side.



oh hey.. (can you see me?)

Chocolate+Almond+Cinnamon.. YES please! 

Forget the spoon, my finger will suffice.