creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to Business!

It felt so good to go to bed in our own bed last night!! There really is no place like home! Someone even went to bed with his favorite toy...
Yes, I let my child sleep with a broom. He wouldn't lay down without it! You just have to give in sometimes.. 
You have to admit its pretty cute..
When he woke up this morning.. he still had a death grip on it..

He loves the broom?! Maybe he will be a good helper when he grows up?

It felt good to start this Monday off with a good workout. If you need a good workout today, give this one a try! My favorite workouts are "for time." I like the challenge and its always fun to race against yourself! This workout flew by and I felt the burn for sure. I didn't have a hard time jumping right back into the game. I was actually excited to sweat today! Vacations are amazing motivators sometimes;)

So after a week long vacation of eating out, eating whatever whenever, I crave my healthy eats and usual meals etc. You know, like pudding and chocolate? Last night, since I was up late due to time change from Hawaii I decided to prepare my breakfast... After googling chocolate and chia seeds (pretty much all I had in my fridge after coming home) I found this recipe on sparkrecipes.com & I recognized it from Averies blog! It was a given..
Chocolate Chia Seed PUDDING!


You will need:

  • 2 TBSP  Chia Seeds
  • 1/2 C. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 TBSP Agave Nectar
  • 1 TBSP Cocoa
  • 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and cover it and put it in the fridge overnight!
The cocoa takes some time to mix in so just keep stirring until its all blended in!
Then in the morning when you wake up just take it out of the fridge and ENJOY! Chocolate for breakfast!



Chocolatey goodness in a bowl. 


YUM!!

I'm off to celebrate a BIRTHDAY lunch with friends at one of my favorite places to eat! Then to the grocery store! My pantry and fridge are pretty scarce... See you later!

Q. Do you eat Chocolate for Breakfast?
Yes, and often. Chocolate Oats, Protein shakes and now pudding.

Q. After Vacation do you come back recharged to kick off the new week with healthy eating?
Yes, Yes and Yes I do!



2 comments:

  1. Yayy for home! hahha-a broom! what an awesome sleep companion ;). Yummy bfast. I do enjoy a chocolate shake for breakfast after a good pump class! And I'm always ready to get back into health after vaca!

    ReplyDelete