My favorite was of course those big, white and fluffy pancakes, topped with that syrup in the shape of the old lady. Huh? Ya, I know.. I also grew up with candy corn and peeps as a staple. You would never guess.
Well, Yesterday being mothers day, I woke up and thought about my mom and "her" pancakes. Big and fluffy was my main goal. Since, I don't even know where to find bisquick at the grocery store... really.. no clue. And my mom is not around to just "add water" to the mix so I made do.
Inspired by pimpmyproteinshake.blogspot.com
- 4 TB coconut flour- I used Bob's Red Mill
- 6 TB Almond Breeze vanilla unsweetened milk
- 1whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- lemon- cut in half and squeeze a little juice in.
- 1 TB Agave Nectar
- Heat pan/skillet low/med. heat.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl.
- Spray Pan/skillet
- Pour mixture
- Browns quickly, its okay. its not bisquick-more like brownquick.
- When bubbles flip and cook other side.
- Make a stack
- Cover with pure maple syrup.. Couldn't find the old lady syrup either....
- Dump some blueberries on top.
Healthy, Low Calorie, Carb, sugar etc. Not to mention big, white and fluffy.
Mom, I miss you and think of you everyday. I know your watching over and protecting my family. You are our angel. I wish you were here to talk to, play with and hold your grandbabies and of course make me pancakes. For now, I'll just make do.