creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, May 2, 2011

blueberry oat cake... for breakfast..

So I'm really getting good at this whole dessert for breakfast thing.. smoothies and now cake.. Who is really going to complain?

I awoke this morning early.. thanks T & B.. mostly B.

Blueberry Oat Cake

Preheat oven to 375

Mix together the following ingredients in a oven safe bowl/ramekin
not pictured.. vanilla whey dymatize protein



  • 1/2 C. Rolled Oats
  • 1/4 C. Almond milk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Protein
  • 1/2 C. Blueberries
  • Capful of vanilla extract.--about 1/2 tsp?
  • 1/2 tsp Baking soda
  • Pinch of salt. 
  • optional- 1 tsp of agave (for a little additional sweetness)



Bake for 20 minutes, then broil on high for 5-7 minutes.


Perfection yes?

GPP is supporting a food challenge created by M'lis!! For 28 days, you are to eat real, whole foods! Avoid anything processed, fried, packaged, canned etc. ANYONE can do this challenge! Follow along here! I challenge those that have a hard time with your diet or trying to lose weight to do this challenge from your own kitchen. Pay attention to how your body feels during and after this challenge. For more info click here
 I eat clean and whole most of the time.. like 99.5% of the time but I have an occasional protein bar or bowl  of cereal... so I'm in.. Aren't you?

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a breakfast cake :) Might need to bake one up tomorrow morning :) I am a clean eater most of the time as well- probably more like 85% of the time. I always find it makes me feel best. Hope your week is off to a good start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oat cake is lookin good! I am all about the clean eats. I need to come to your class on Saturday! I might run the race for the cure, but I am poor.. so chances are I will be at free Gold's haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delish! im making that in the mornin!

    ReplyDelete