creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, March 17, 2011

In Celebration!

Hey Everyone!! As promised, I have a fun recipe in honor of ST. PATRICKS DAY!! Hopefully, these pictures download before midnight..

Breakfast was a egg scramble, with grapefruit & cantaloupe!!

I was so excited when I found them at Costco!! I LOVE melons!!
Yes, I scoop out my cantaloupe with a spoon, its easier and faster then cutting it out..

 Bad news.. Costco was out of raspberries.. But the cantaloupe hit the spot this morning.

Post workout:-- how could you go through St. Paddy's day without a green monster.
1 c. almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 12 ice cubes, pinch of xanthan gum, handful of spinach, & banana.



..Patty Rainbow Cupcakes..

Ingredients

  • white cake mix
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/3 C. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 1/4 C. water


Pre-heat oven to 350 (elevation 4,000 +,  pre-heat to 375)

Mix all ingredients together


Separated into 4 different bowls
or measuring cups..

Add food coloring to each bowl, mix well
I'm a messy cook.. 




Line cupcake pan with your cupcake cups


Dollop different color of mix into each cup


bake for 12-15 minutes

Frost, Sprinkle and ENJOY!!

all the colors of a rainbow


Notice I did mini cupcakes and I ate only one.. Portion control people.. C'mon...
Then realized I'm running 13.1 in 2 days.. Carb loading allowed ;) I played a little leprechaun and dropped some off for my family.. by leaving them on a porch and they got eaten by another little leprechaun named bella.. (family dog) oops.. I took some to my class tonight too.. Have you ever taken sweets to a fitness class.. ya, its like giving a cat a bath.. I think maybe 2 people had one.. They are MINI... oh well.. more for me.. hehe.

I'm excited for this race, I feel ready. I ran 3 miles today with a 7:20 pace. My goal for this race is to just finish under 2 hours. But I want to set a PR. Looking forward to hitting the pavement on Saturday!! My sister is watching the twinners for us.. SAY WHAT?! Yes, I am leaving my babies overnight.. 2 nights.. AHHHH!! Its my first time EVER. I'm more nervous for that then running. But at the same time, I'm excited to just get away with my hubs. & get a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! We need it, with all the working and such it will be good for us to just be with us!

We used to go to Moab ALL the time, to jeep it out.



                                                                      Handsome hub

We love it. Can't wait!! Sitting in the jeep, climbing crazy hills for 5+ hours post run should feel great after 13.1 right??!! I'll be sure to stretch!

Oh and good news.. Look what was on my front porch today..
addicted to online shopping.. yes? amazon.. bodybuilding, etc.. and.....
drum roll please.
 my BIKE!!!!


And its now almost midnight and my husband is putting it together for me!! LOVE. yes, We are taking it to moab.. I know, I'm running but I want to ride!!

Hope you all had a good St. Patrick Day and didn't get pinched!


3 comments:

  1. The cupcakes are SO cute! Um I brought kids clif z bars into my class at Halloween (instead of candy) and had trouble getting people to take those. I was like...really? Any who. Hooray for your weekend! I bet leaving the babes is going to be super hard- but a well deserved break. And the bike looks AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your race!! Cute cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete