creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Best Waffles Ever!

I just want to say thank you for all the positive feedback from my last post! I loved reading all of your positive fitness goals! They were perfect!
So to the title... I have always tried to make protein waffles, but they would turn out either really dense and sort of flavorless and not the fluffy delicious waffles we all know and love. Well, today I am a food genius. I'm just not saying that either. YOU have to make these!.. Like now.

Perfect Protein Waffles

Ingredients

(yields about 6 waffles)

  • 1 cup Oat Flour
  • 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey Elite Protein (Any vanilla protein would work probably)
  • 1/4C Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I used the Kroger Brand)
  • 1/2C Fat Free Cottage Cheese
  • 1 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2  tsp salt
  • 2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 cap full (1/2 tsp?)  of Vanilla Extract


Simply Mix ALL ingredients in your blender

Spray your waffle iron with canola oil and pour into hot waffle iron!
I kinda made a mess the first round.. WAFFLE OVERFLOW..
don't mock me. I know you've all done it..

then I was a little to conservative;)

Top with your favorite toppings 
berries, pure maple syrup and whip cream 
(from december..?how long does that stuff last in the spray can anyway?? oh well.. it tasted fine.)


ENJOY!!


4 comments:

  1. totally book marked this! Josh will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading your blog and I love it! I absolutely love your post on being skinny and being fit. It is amazing to me when I changed my focus to being fit instead of being skinny how much more fun exercising and eating healthy was! It was also neat how with the different mind set the weight I had been trying to lose started to really come off quickly! Thanks for sharing the waffle recipe I definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Candice! The waffles look delicious! Although I have a question for you I have been wanting to ask you. I'm just wondering why you put protien powder in the majority of things you make? Like your oatmeal and desserts and things...Just wondering cause I have only heard of using it just after you work out and then obviously in your normal diet just through the foods you eat. Enlighten me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog Candice!! I really love yours! And, these waffles look delish AND have protein?! Sounds like a winner to me!!

    ReplyDelete