So to the title... I have always tried to make protein waffles, but they would turn out either really dense and sort of flavorless and not the fluffy delicious waffles we all know and love. Well, today I am a food genius. I'm just not saying that either. YOU have to make these!.. Like now.
Perfect Protein Waffles
(yields about 6 waffles)
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla Whey Elite Protein (Any vanilla protein would work probably)
- 1/4C Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I used the Kroger Brand)
- 1/2C Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cap full (1/2 tsp?) of Vanilla Extract
Simply Mix ALL ingredients in your blender
Spray your waffle iron with canola oil and pour into hot waffle iron!
I kinda made a mess the first round.. WAFFLE OVERFLOW..
don't mock me. I know you've all done it..
then I was a little to conservative;)
Top with your favorite toppings
berries, pure maple syrup and whip cream
(from december..?how long does that stuff last in the spray can anyway?? oh well.. it tasted fine.)