creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, October 29, 2011

chocolate pumpkin pie shake

Hey! Sorry I have been neglecting the little blog for the past few days, I had two post prepared to post and when I went to load the pictures my computer died and I couldn’t recover either of the post! Insert major sad face here!
Last night we had a neighborhood halloween party! It was the first time getting the twinners in their costumes! Once I put them on I coundn’t stop laughing! Especially at little B’s costume.. Its so poofy on her bum and she sort of waddles when she walks. It was so cute! T didn’t love his at first but once we got to the party I think he forgot about it and was running all over the place!
IMG_4773
B is a poodle and T is a lion.. trying to get them to both look at me and hold still is impossible. I love my little animals.

This morning at pump we had a festive little class. I dressed up in a hula skirt and we had some great halloween music! Sadly, no pictures were taken. umph. (bad blogger, bad blogger..)
Afterwards, it was TABATA time on the treadmill. I set up my gymboss interval timer and got to work.
SPEED TRAINING at its finest.
I set the incline at 2% and speed at 10
20 sec. on 10 sec. off.
For 3 miles! It took about 20 minutes then I set my speed to 7.5 and finished off another mile.
IMG_4774
I was a sweaty mess! 
IMG_4777
Felt Good!! Cooled down at a 4.0 mph for about 3 minutes. I LOVE tabatas on the treadmill. It keeps my attention and its hard work without a second of boredom! (I’m NOT a huge fan of running distance on treadmills… SNORE)
If you are interested in another type of Tabata try this one out!
Post-workout I came home and whipped up this delicious recovery shake!
{CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PIE SHAKE}
DSC_0417
mmm. drippy. Don’t worry I slurped the side of the cup before it hit the table.
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Cup Almond breeze unsweetened vanilla milk
  • 1/4 C. Gluten free old fashioned oats
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/4 C. pumpkin puree- (I use libbys!)
  • 2 tsp cinnamon—give or take. I love cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • pinch of xanthan gum/gaur gum for thickening
  • 7-10 ice cubes.
Directions
Combine all ingredients and blend until well combined!
YUM!! I think the chocolate adds a little punch to the normal pumpkin smoothie. I’m in love.

DSC_0418
SLURP!!
I think we are going to hit up a pumpkin patch today!! Can’t wait to pick out the babers pumpkins! Then we have football game planned for later! GO UTES!! Cross your fingers.. I’m hoping they can pull off a W
Have a good Halloweekend!!
Q. What are your halloweenweekend plans?
Q. What are you being for Halloween?!
So far I have been a deer, cowgirl and a hula chick.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds good, like all your shakes! Does it not have any pumpkin in it?

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    YES!! I forgot to list it!! But got it fixed! thanks penny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! Shake looks fabulous! And the twinners!!! Melts my heart. Great workout-enjoy the patch.we are being mickey minnie and baby minnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I am making that shake tomorrow for breakfast. :) And I love that treadmill workout. Looks awesome. Oh, and I'm a witch this year. I found some pretty sweet witch shoe covers, and my little boy is a cute frog.

    ReplyDelete