creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, October 14, 2011

Worked Out!

Phew!! Its been a busy week!! Sorry about the little hiatus! Its over! I have been having mayjah computer issues!.. But I have claimed reign over Brent’s lappytop.
This week has been a little more hectic then most. It was launch week at one of the gyms I work at and although it has been nothing but sweaty, endorphin rising fun. My brain is crammed with choreography and I am sore everywhere..So because of the craziness there was very little meal planning cooking this week. I have been surviving off boiled eggs, fruit,frozen veggies, nuts, protein shakes, tuna, chicken etc.
IMG_4631
"on the go" gorgeous shake.. Chocolate protein+Raspberries+banana+Spinach= weird lookin shake a roo.
In fact we are completely out of protein supplement. Which is unheard of in this household.
Although I did manage to bake up some cookies yesterday. Pretty sure they help with muscle recovery. In fact, I’m sure of it. Because I made them that way Winking smile
IMG_4625
They are almost blog worthy! So stay tuned!!

IMG_4620
“Cookies make me strong!”
My abs got fried yesterday with this workout.
My arms and hamstrings feel like jello because of this workout
And somehow through it all I managed to squeeze in a 45 minute run.
On the treadmill. ---> I know.. is it really that time again? The weather is still okay to run outside but it gets dark around 7pm and I’m not a fan of running in the dark. Its October and its dark + scary thoughts = treadmill
45 minute Sweat fest
Minute        Incline        Speed
1-5               1.0             7.2------>Warm-up
5-35              1.0            10.0------> 30 sec. on 30 sec. off
35-40            10.0           8.0------->30 sec. on 30 sec. off
40-45            1.0             4.2------->Cool Down
Notes:
  • Adjust warm up and cool down to your level.
  • Sprints are full out! Give it all you got!
  • Try not to hold on to the sides
  • Make sure you have water!
I WAS DRIPPING! At the beginning I thought the  “30 sec off” was a little long but by the end I was pushin it.
Running is a huge stress reliever for me and a little HIIT was just what this momma needed!! I usually go for long runs but I haven’t quite gotten use to “treadmill season” yet. This workout did its job though. I feel much better.
Were off for a little fun Friday night!?
IMG_4579
Oh and guess who turned 15 months today?

IMG_4633
And its my moms and Sisters birtday today!!
My madre would have been 50 today!!

AND and my sisters.. and well she is young and beautiful!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

IMG_4458
Have a good WEEKEND!!!
And Utah peeps, if you need something to do in the AM. Check it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh.
    I did that abs workout on Wednesday and holy crap am I sore!! It was awesome!! I swear if I do that sucker once a week or something I'll have super abs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That treadmill workout is insane. I am embarrassed to say that I didn't know the incline could go unto 10. Wah wah.

    ReplyDelete