creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, October 24, 2011

Maple-Soy Salmon

Happy Monday!! I don’t know about anyone else but the weekend went by way to fast! Tonight I decided to break out the big fish. My Brother In-law went to Alaska and caught this salmon for me. Okay, not really just for me but I did BEG him to share it with me. He knows how to earn his “favorite brother in-law” award.

{Maple-Soy Salmon}

 

DSC_0405

Ingredients:

  • 1 Salmon Filet
  • 1/4 C. Pure Maple syrup
  • 2 tsp. braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
  • Sesame Seeds

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350

Combine Maple Syrup, Braggs Liquid Aminos and Mustard in small sauce pan and bring to a boil, stir occasionally

 

DSC_0392

Place Salmon on tinfoil

Pour glaze on top of salmon

 

DSC_0395 

spread over using brush

 

DSC_0397

Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top

Wrap the fish up in the tinfoil. Place directly on rack in oven

 

DSC_0402

Bake for 30 minutes until fish flakes

DSC_0404

DSC_0407

I served this with some Roasted asparagus atop the rest of the Mexican quinoa. It was a perfect ending to a great day!

Other Salmon Favorites:

Workout

I love Mondays. I take Sundays as my active rest days, so hitting the gym with fresh legs, arms, and a clear mind is always welcome!

GPP Fitness-

800m run X2 – I used one run for warm-up then timed my second 3:02

5 rounds for time:
10 deadlifts 95/135
10 inchworms
10 pull-ups Kipped most of them, I could feel the tingle in my hand so I dropped down to jumping. I hate rips!

13:05RX Way slower then my last time but the twinners were a little impatient during the workout today.. so maybe the running back and forth generates an RX+? Ha!

Then,

100 sit-ups (one round only). 3:10

I also taught BODY ATTACK 74 tonight and we had a full house! Including my sister! I love when my family/friends come to class! They make it just that more fun! I really am LOVING this release, it involves several cross training movements and really gets a good sweat on. If you have never tried this class before, track one down and give it a go! You won’t regret it!

Challenge-

This is my challenge, I made this up to save money.. If any of you are like me, you usually go to the grocery store and pick up the basics and then brainstorm meal ideas in your brain and end up picking up several other items. Then you get home put it all away and start making dinner to find that you forgot ONE ingredient. So, you hold that recipe for another day, make something else till you can get to the store again. Then later that week you go back to the store, buy that ONE item along with “the basics” + some to just create a vicious money spending cycle. It seems when I do make a list and a meal plan I’m really good about it for a month then I either just didn’t make the time to plan or depend on my trusty memory to remember such things. Lets be honest.. I have the memory of Dora at times and can’t remember the little things.

source

SO, This week I planned it out. I wrote down everything we would need for the week, I made a list and checked it twice.

Got to the store.. mmm. FORGOT my list! touché. Candice.;

So based on the memory of a fish.. I went through the store gathering ingredients and items that I could remember off the top of my head.
When I got home I checked it and didn’t do to bad. Although, I did forget a few things.. But I’m refusing to take another trip to the store again. I know I will end up buying more things that I won’t use right off and spending WAY over our monthly grocery budget.

So this is it.. I’m going to eat out the kitchen, using only what I have. MAKE do till there is no more.

Wish me LUCK! I always just think if I just had “this” then it would be perfect…but I’m going to make do with what I have on hand.

I like to use this for my meal planning/grocery shopping

Besides, Christmas is coming and we all know you never buy something for someone else without picking up a little something for yourself. Winking smile No? Just me?

If you need some helpful grocery shopping tips CHECK THIS OUT.

 

Q. What’s your favorite salmon recipe? Link it up in the comments!

Q. Are you a smart grocery shopper? Plan out the week? Or go with the flow?