creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, October 17, 2011

Turkey Muffin Lovin'


Hey Y'all!! Launch was a blast tonight! Body Attack 74 is killllllller! With all the squats and plyo lunges, sprinting and push ups.. I have a feeling I'm going to be sore in the morning!

After a good workout I usually choose my recovery fuel in the form of a protein shake. Sometimes I just want food! Inspired by Jamie Eason turkey muffins - I came up with some post workout turkey muffins that I think are perfect post workout food!

Turkey Muffins


Ingredients:
1.5 pounds Lean ground turkey
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 small onion finely diced
1 small sweet potato shredded
2 stalks celery chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp orginal Mrs. Dash

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin tins with olive oil
Combine all ingredients into one bowl




Mix until well combined, you can mash and stir with a spoon or just use your hands

Use a ice cream scoop or your hands to form balls
Place each ball into muffin tin.

Bake for 20-25 minutes



The serving size is women --2 muffins, men-- 4 muffins--> I consider myself manly enough to down 4 to, especially right out the oven. You have to make sure they are good right? It's kind of like how you have to test 1-2 cookies out of each batch that comes out of the oven? (I know I'm not the only one that does that.)
Simply separate them into plastic baggies for quick "on the go" post workout snack or even just a snack to help get you through the day!
I love these!  They are a protein packed powerhouse! I think kids would even have a good time dunking them in BBQ sauce. --> Oh, wait.. that was me.
Have a good night!!

You might be interested:

ATTN: Dancers You have to get in on this camp!
Healthy Halloween Treats -->via fitsugar.com
Giuliana Rancic was diagnosed with Breast Cancer


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm delicious. Id love to throw a few of these on a salad! I really love all of the new releases so far! They are kick butt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to make these today!!

    ReplyDelete