The other day I asked the question if you prefer Mexican or Italian-- My answer to the question was neither.
I received a hurtful comment :( (which I deleted) and now I feel as if I should explain: I have never liked beans growing up.. (sorry, but refried beans remind me of cat vomit.) and or pasta, I'll enjoy it every now and then especially prior to a race! (Carb load baby!) I actually like both styles of food--made my way, compared to the classic restaurant versions. I eat pizza, enchiladas, lasagna, and even pasta! There is always a healthier alternative to any type of food! That's why I have this blog, to make our favorite comfort foods healthier! NOT in anyway do I "avoid" these foods because I'm not comfortable with them.
I eat clean and I work hard and it pays off for me. To leave a comment with any assumption on any blog is just rude and I won't tolerate it. Haters gunna hate. You know what they say.. when you assume things... your just making a a** out of you not me.
---> get it? A-S-S-U-M-E ;) hehe..
With that being said.. Instead of mexican rice I give you another alternative..MEXICAN QUINOA..
*note: I love rice! This is just another option!
- 2 C. Quinoa
- 1 corn on the Cob or 1/2 C. corn
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/4 C. Sliced olives
- 1/2 C. Black beans
- 1/4 C. Olive oil
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Mrs Dash
- Black Pepper to taste
- Prepare Quinoa as directed
- Collect/Prepare your veggies-- steam or cook your corn
- Prepare Dressing by combining all ingredients in a shaker cup until combined
- Mix all your veggies with the quinoa
- Stir in the dressing!
- Done and done!!
I served this the other night with my Chicken Enchiladas!
It is a great alternative to rice! If you haven't tried quinoa yet TRY IT!!! Quinoa has several health benefits, here are a few!
- It is a complete PROTEIN!
- Contains all 8 essential amino acids
- Internal Cleanser!-- Aids in digestion and dare I say.. keep you "regular" ;)
- Contains magnesium, potassium and zinc! Heart healthy!!!!
Q. Bloggers: How do you deal with negative comments?
Q. Favorite Quinoa recipe? PLEASE SHARE! Feel free to link it up in the comments!