creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

taking tuesday!

So, I'm glad Monday was so laid back.. cause today was busy as predicted.. hence the reason for such a late post.
The babies had their two month well check today, the Mr. and I decided that we will do all the immunizations, we figured that they were created to protect our children and they are for the best, Our pediatrician did explain the purpose of each one. It made me feel a lot more comfortable with them.
T & B did pretty good for them, it was sad but I gave them a bottle right after and they quit crying and was just fine :) 
Their Dr. appt. was at 9 am, I had no idea what a "great:" idea that was when I scheduled it.. Sure I can get me and 2 babies ready to leave at 8:45am.. ha! but with Mr. B's help nothing is impossible :)
But breakfast was quick, two pieces of Ezekiel toast,  with almond butter & sliced bananers on top. Out the door :)
Ran a few errands around town and back home for lunch, 
Chicken salad

 romaine lettuce
 peppers
 fresh garden tomatoes
a little sweet onion
1/2 avocado 
diced  8 oz chicken breast  
drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.  
Had a couple thin triscuts on the side
delish

P:re workout I had a scrumptious fuji apple with some PB

{Workout}

1 mile run
dumbbell rows 25 lbs x 12
bench step ups with 50 lb 10 each leg
repeat 3 X

Lat pull down 70 lb 12x
alternating jump lunges 20x
cable rows 70lbs 12 x
repeat 3 x last set up your weight by 10 and go till death

Bent over fly with 10  lbs 10x
Box jumps 20 x
Repeat 3 x

..DONE..
Let me know if you try it.
It was a quick killer work out. 

Post workout
Protein Shake
1 scoop Chocolate Elite whey
1/2 almond milk and 1/2 water
on the rocks
(ice only)

I chose to do that because I wanted to save some calories because I was on my way to a baby shower!
Doesn't my aunt have display down with a capital.uh.. D?!


So delicious, best honeydew melon of the summer.








 delicious fruit skewers, a plethera of veggies, coconut cupcakes, nothing bundt cake (red velvet),  & 7 layer dip..
Pure deliciousness.. or yes and how could I forget the homemade ice cream!
I'm such a sucker for that stuff, but I did my trick, I packed my plate with the plenty.. fruit & veggies. I avoided the cake but I did cave and have just 2 bites of homemade raspberry creamy goodness. Yes, I believe it was from heaven.;) 

Feeling accomplished today.. Dr. appt, crazy errands, laundry, cleaning, shopping, baby feedin, burpin, changin, playin'  workout and the baby shower.. and of course bloggin' 
Late night y'all
G-night !

something to ponder: "If you seat a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, improve your performance or just finish the race-- it's up to you"
- Dave Scott
( This is hanging up at my gym and I read it everyday.. To me I read it and realize that my goals don't have to be outrageous, they can be simple and just realistic but yet challenging.. just know that you can do whatever you put your mind to:))