creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, September 20, 2010

good golly its monday..

Hey y'all... I just want to say thank you to all of those who gave me advice for my eye and showed their concern, I received several text, phone calls and messages throughout the day. I am happy to report that the swelling has gone down and it doesn't have its own heartbeat anymore. It is still just a little sensitive but about 90% healed I believe!
So its Monday morning!! This week I am actually going to enjoy this day, because the rest of the week is going to be a little hectic,Dr. appt,  baby shower, wedding dinner, laundry, cleaning, shopping, wedding, pack, and finally LAKE MEAD..

 I'm just a little excited to strap my feet into my wakeboard for the FIRST time this summer...uhhh..fall?? I was pregnant most of the summer and then just haven't had the chance since.. So I can't wait to dip right in and "hit it"!!!

Last night Mr. B and I decided to do a little yoga together after dinner, since we don't get to go to the gym together anymore we figured every Sunday night we can do a little yoga. It was nice and the Mr. actually decided that its a must every Sunday to improve our flexibility and "relax".. I say this sarcasiticley because yoga is anything but relaxing to me.. Its tough.. my head kind of hurts when I am in downward dog.. (maybe it had something to do with my eye) But holding yoga poses is definnantley harder then anticipated. And its one day to reach my goal of doing it 2X a week.  We were both sweating and we only did a half hour of the 1 1/2 hour video!! We could of done more but it was late by the time we actually got to it and wanted to get some zzz'z before the babies next meal time..
Sorry about the rambling.. Now onto the work..
This workout you don't even need to go to the gym! So you stay at home mom's have no excuse to get this one under your belt ;)  With my busy day today, I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the gym so I moved my coffee table and busted this out..

50 jumping jacks
20 alternating jump lunges..(get low get low)
10 tuck jumps 
20 squats
60 sec high knees                                                                           *click on the links to show you a demo*
15 squat jumps
15 burpees
60 sec jumprope
30 sec mountain climbers
25 push ups
60 sec plank hold

Do it 3 times.. I plan to take the babies for a little run later, but if you know you won't get out for a little run/cardio.. just do this 1 or 2 more times.
Go as fast as you can and time yourself.. so the next time you do it you can see if you can beat your own time.

Last night I made a little purchase..

Evenflo Snugli Hug Baby Carrier
HIS
Evenflo Snugli Hug Soft Carrier
HERS










                                                                                                                                                                              




With our trip this weekend, I know we are going to do a lot of walking around.. and I don't want to have to be pushing the stroller around Vegas and through the sand at the beach. I really wanted a baby bjorn but they were a little pricey..especially since we have to buy 2!! So I found an alternative.. the Snugli  hug by Evenflo.
I found it on Amazon for $29.50.. so I got two of them for cheaper then buying 1 baby bjorn.. Click here if you would love one to! They should be here on Tuesday, so I'll give you a complete review of the product when I try it out :)
Time for breakfast!! Have a happy Monday!