creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, September 10, 2010

{FiSh FrIdAy}


Hey! It's finally Friday! I love the weekends! Don't you? Anyhoo.. I woke up early today.. super early. At 2AM thanks to baby b and t and then again at 5.. then my alarm went off at 5:30 to go to the gym.. but since I was already up..and I had planned to go get my work out done.. I followed through with my plan! (surprised?) I made it to the 6AM body combat class. I had a good workout! Back home for breakfast to refuel..
I broke away for a day from my oatmeal and had 4 egg whites + 1 yolk 2 slices of Ezekiel toast one for the egg and one with some smart butter and agave. AND of course a chocolate protein shake on the rocks. 1 scoop chocolate elite whey with 1/2 cup almond milk and water..mixer up and toss in some ice.
GUESS WHATS BACK!!
Red Andjo (sp?) pears! I love them.. they are delicious when they are in season.. but of course I love all fruit but I'm glad to have them back in my fruit bowl!

Lunch: The fish Friday has began with a TUNA TOPPER

1 slice of Ezekiel toast with avocado a big slice of beefsteak tomato and Tuna mixed with just a little of lite mayo and sprinkled with Mrs. Dash! And I had some triscuts and hummus that just managed to escape the camera..

Dinner love..
Malibu Salmon

I seasoned it with pineapple juice and a little lemon zest and johnnys seasoning, wrapped in tinfoil and threw it on the grill! Roasted some Zucchini with olive oil and Mrs. Dash and Threw together a little Spinach salad with purple onion and fresh garden tomato's (Thanks Grandma) and Balsamic vinaigrette to dress it up.

Fresh off the grill!
It was delish..one of my faves!
Drum roll please...
ANNOUNCING DeSsErT!!

Grilled PEACHES!!

Inspired by a fellow food blogger, mealsandmoves.wordpress.com
Thanks Janetha!
(I'm not sure how to do links quite yet..)
But..
Along with the pears, peaches are now ripe and ready for pickin. So why not grill them too.
I brushed them with some agave nectar and sprinkled them with cinnamon and placed them directly on the grill until they resemble heaven.. 

The agave turns into a glaze.. mmmmm..
This is quite delicious and you can even add a little ice cream to the mix if your in the mood. I didn't have any though.. but that's ok.. I just ate another one.. or two. 
MR. B and I enjoyed going to yet another wedding reception 
(that's two this week plus the shower I had last night) I la la love weddings!
Danced the night away with the babes and cuddled up watching LOST season 6.. ( I know we are behind the game. But honestly we are sick of trying to follow it now. Pure confusion) 
Hope you all have a happy & healthy weekend! 
Loves

Q. What is your Favorite Fruit?
uh... apples. watermelon.. no nectarines.. umm.. peaches.. cantaloupe.. I can't make up my mind.. I LOVE THEM ALL!

Q. What is your favorite Salmon RECIPE?
I like them sweet.. my all time fav is a honey bourbon that my dad makes.. I can't quite perfect it yet.. one day.. one day..

Q. Who really watches LOST.. and follows it..??!

Workout tip: Make a AWESOME play list that gets you pumped up and ready to move.. Start listening to it before you hit the gym.. It really helps turn that "I don't want to go" attitude into a "Ready to go.."
Also, you may burn a few extra calories dancing around your house to it. ;)