creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, January 24, 2013

sheet its ice.

 

I mean… sheet OF ice. It has been raining all day today and as soon as it hit the ground it froze! Leaving all the roads covered in black ice! Sheets of black ice everywhere!! I’ve never seen anything like it, which makes it kind of fun!

I went to bed early last night and woke up to head to the gym. I still am not feeling awesome but it was my sister in-laws birthday and we had planned to get the workout done together and I couldn’t sleep in on her birthday, could I?

Plus, I was excited to give her gift to her!

67400_10151181723947251_363917107_n

Happy Birthday Janey!

WORKOUT

The workout today wasn’t a heavy breather so I actually used a lighter weight then I normally would and got through it without a problem. I actually felt better afterward!

wiped

source

When we got through the workout, we were driving home and the rain was literally freezing to the windshield! We could barley see!  Scary stuff.

windsheild

This is my friends windshield as an example. Ours wasn’t THIS bad yet but just so you can see how INSANE it was!

After getting home safe and sound, I decided it would be a good day to hibernate! I crawled back in bed until the twins woke up.. (they slept till 10!) Seriously, I felt like I had a whole nights rest!

I do think sleep is the best medicine though! So, I was able to catch up on some sleep and I woke up feeling a little better. I’ve loaded up on all my vitamins today and airborne to keep up my guard against falling even more into the sickness.

The roads were still pretty bad by the afternoon so I had canceled my plans to get some errands done and we just hung out at home. All day.

Brent had some fun at work today though!

Seriously, I can’t stop laughing at him as he is trying to get back to the building!

ON the HOME front:

Good news: Tanner is feeling better.

Bad news: Bee woke up with a fever from her nap… (who saw that one coming?)

I did venture out of the house for a few hours today because I coached a few night classes at GPP, which was the highlight of my entire day. I seriously love my job.

My sister came in tonight sporting this awesome shirt that she MADE!

775246_10151278943732912_1460126243_o

She definitely got the crafter talent in the fam!

Now, its off to bed! I’m sleeping in tomorrow and will hit the gym if I’m up for it later. I’m still feeling the sickness starting in my ears and throat.. eek! Hopefully, some more sleep will shut it down! If not Ill take a rest day, just depending on how I feel!

Have you ever seen anything like this crazy ice storm we had?